Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched a review for the gt-line they stated that it was possible to retrofit air vents for the back seat?

Does anyone have experience with this? Any ideas where to get parts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My guess would be some how ordering the parts for a ex from the dealership as the ex trim comes with rear ac vents.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe the vents come from center console and all the "piping" is there. As Gray Wolfe said, probably ordering them from the dealership for an ex would work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So the duct work is there but they didn't put the vents in on the GT-Line? In theory you could confirm by removing the center armrest and turning on the A/C?

·
Registered
27 Posts
From what I am reading, yeah. They do that to streamline production.
Supposedly this was the case with heated seats in a VW I had, everything was there, just no switches. Would be interesting to see if the vented seats are there but the switch is different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Supposedly this was the case with heated seats in a VW I had, everything was there, just no switches. Would be interesting to see if the vented seats are there but the switch is different.
Let us know if you find out that its true. I only have the heated seats

·
Registered
110 Posts
What I’m really trying to find is the Korean full LCD instrument cluster and mood lighting. Lastly, the rotary transmission selector.
Wait what? It's a full LCD cluster wtf I want that. I have the mood lighting, honestly, I'm not impressed, at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts