Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my K5 GT in January. 2 weeks later, with just a couple hundred miles on the car, I saw that the rear bumper fascia had snapped in half and fallen off. I brought it to dealer, the part is on back order, $385, and they said I had to pay for it. Since then, my front speakers went out and then came back on 15 minutes later, my gas door wouldn't open and had to be replaced, my my air conditioning went out completely. The air issue, they said, is that the factory didn't tighten the bolts or whatever and so all the freon leaked out. I think the bolts on the fascia weren't tightened and that's why it snapped off. I am wondering whether anyone else had an issue with their fascia.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
I know my rear lower bumper wasn't in all the way and I had to push it in until it snapped back into place. Other than that, I haven't had it coming off all the way as you described.

But with all those issues, I would think it would be covered by either the dealer or the manufacturer, Kia. I would give Kia Motors a call and see if they are able to cover the cost of the bumper as it sounds like a quality issue from factory. Same with all the other issues you've encountered.

The gas door issue is something that a few of us had encountered before and they had to call Kia to get it covered and repaired. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a call to see if they can help with the costs of parts and repairs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know my rear lower bumper wasn't in all the way and I had to push it in until it snapped back into place. Other than that, I haven't had it coming off all the way as you described.

But with all those issues, I would think it would be covered by either the dealer or the manufacturer, Kia. I would give Kia Motors a call and see if they are able to cover the cost of the bumper as it sounds like a quality issue from factory. Same with all the other issues you've encountered.

The gas door issue is something that a few of us had encountered before and they had to call Kia to get it covered and repaired. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a call to see if they can help with the costs of parts and repairs.
Kia did fix the air and gas door for free. But they say they won't fix the bumper for free. I called Kia customer service as well. I was hoping to find others that had same'ish issue to show Kia that there is an issue with this bumper and I should not have to pay for the part. I do miss my Optima.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Kia did fix the air and gas door for free. But they say they won't fix the bumper for free. I called Kia customer service as well. I was hoping to find others that had same'ish issue to show Kia that there is an issue with this bumper and I should not have to pay for the part. I do miss my Optima.
If it helps, tell them others have had the issues. I'll back you up....We're driving a brand new car and are the guinea pigs, and honestly any issues we have should be covered without a fight. It's complete bull. I've been through hell and back with my K5 already...I don't regret it, but it's really frustrating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it helps, tell them others have had the issues. I'll back you up....We're driving a brand new car and are the guinea pigs, and honestly any issues we have should be covered without a fight. It's complete bull. I've been through hell and back with my K5 already...I don't regret it, but it's really frustrating.
I would love to hear what issues you have had. I wanted the Wolf Grey with red interior, so I jumped on it. But I miss my Harmon Kardon speakers, cooled front seats, place for sunglasses, and the smart rear view mirror on my Optima. And having to bring my car to the dealer 3 times in first 3 months of ownership was a huge pain. Hopefully, nothing else falls off or goes wrong, but I would like to hear about your issues so I can keep an eye out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear all the troubles you've had with your K5. I hope you are able to get them resolved and can enjoy your car as much as I've been enjoying mine.
I do still like the car, love the color, love the speed, and it is super fun to drive...until I get my first speeding ticket! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would love to hear what issues you have had. I wanted the Wolf Grey with red interior, so I jumped on it. But I miss my Harmon Kardon speakers, cooled front seats, place for sunglasses, and the smart rear view mirror on my Optima. And having to bring my car to the dealer 3 times in first 3 months of ownership was a huge pain. Hopefully, nothing else falls off or goes wrong, but I would like to hear about your issues so I can keep an eye out.
There is a pinned post in the general discussion forum...here's the link...there's too many to list lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts