Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone this might be an odd question but I was wondering if it was possible to remove the brake lights always on when the lights are on. In Korea the second row brake lights on the rear LED tailgate only turn on when the brakes are applied. I provided some photos for example.
Korea model at night:
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Photograph Automotive tail & brake light

U.S model at night :
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
I'm not aware of any way to officially turn them off outside of rewiring something with those portions of lights so they stay off while leaving the wire for the brakes intact.

·
Super Moderator
150 Posts
Im not understanding the question. My response is based on how Im reading what youre asking...

My '22 GTL brake lights only light up on the corners with or without the lights on. The white US model pic you shared has the brake light on the lid that lights up. Mine doesnt and I want to know how to do it 😍

The center light strip only comes on as taillights and they are not brake lights. Mine dont light up when I press the brakes.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
As I understand it, @bocaj1234 meant the corner tail lights. The Korean tail lights seem to only have the thin dotted lines lit up while the US version includes the brake light section.
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Mind you, this is when I have the car in Park.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey everyone this might be an odd question but I was wondering if it was possible to remove the brake lights always on when the lights are on. In Korea the second row brake lights on the rear LED tailgate only turn on when the brakes are applied. I provided some photos for example.
Korea model at night: View attachment 3578

U.S model at night :
View attachment 3580
I believe the difference is up to some US law that states brake lights and turn signals have to have a certain amount of surface area to be deemed acceptable. Its possible South Korea doesn't have that restriction so they can just run the dashed light bar without the extra lights under them.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the difference is up to some US law that states brake lights and turn signals have to have a certain amount of surface area to be deemed acceptable. Its possible South Korea doesn't have that restriction so they can just run the dashed light bar without the extra lights under them.
Yeah that seems like the most practical explanation thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts