Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the issue this morning. I went to the back seat to grab something and noticed i had red smudged all over my hand. Then i looked down and noticed the red part you press to unlatch the seat belt is disintegrating inside the latch. (the rear seat is never used) Its almost like a chalky substance. Anyone have this issue?
Automotive design Textile Bag Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
That's definitely not something I've ever seen before in my car, or any previous cars I've owned or driven... I'd definitely contact the dealer about it and let them know to have it fixed. That's something of a safety issue for rear passengers.

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
25 Posts
I just noticed the issue this morning. I went to the back seat to grab something and noticed i had red smudged all over my hand. Then i looked down and noticed the red part you press to unlatch the seat belt is disintegrating inside the latch. (the rear seat is never used) Its almost like a chalky substance. Anyone have this issue? View attachment 3120
That totally looks like the piece that's supposed to be there was replace with lipstick.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
91 Posts
That’s a first. I’ve never seen a hard plastic like that degrade to the state that it’s crumbling. I imagine it’s a defect in the blend of materials used in the injection mould the create the piece. It should be easy to swap if you can get a replacement but the dealership should take care of it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts