Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The remote start via the UVO app works most of the time. But I’ve had this car for 5 days and not ONCE have I gotten the car to remote start using the key fob. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to set that up in settings? When I press/hold I get a single red light that blinks and NOTHING…any advice is appreciated!

also when I remote start how long does the car stay on for before turning off? I Want to set it up for cold mornings/hot afternoons but felt like car turned off before I even got in. Maybe 2minutes!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Everytime before I start my car with my fob, I hit the lock button twice and then hit the start button twice and hold it down. It's just a habit I've gotten into, but it work lol If that still don't work, put your fob to your head and open your mouth when you do it (yeah, no joke, your brain is used as an amplifier, don't ask how I know lmao)

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usually worked fine for me so long as I was in range.

The only thing is that I have to press the door lock button again before I can press and hold the remote start button for a few secs to turn it on.
So this option worked like a charm. Before remote start on the keyfob I just quickly hit the lock button. Voila!! Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
The remote start via the UVO app works most of the time. But I’ve had this car for 5 days and not ONCE have I gotten the car to remote start using the key fob. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to set that up in settings? When I press/hold I get a single red light that blinks and NOTHING…any advice is appreciated!

also when I remote start how long does the car stay on for before turning off? I Want to set it up for cold mornings/hot afternoons but felt like car turned off before I even got in. Maybe 2minutes!
I know this post was a while ago but help someone else. I want to say I dislike the remote start for my Kia k5 2021. Even if door is locked before the car will start you have to double lock the car!! Then start it. And hope it stays on for more than ten minutes.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
The engine should stay on for the default 30 mins, unless you change it in the instrument cluster settings.

I'm not sure why we have to press the lock button first before we are able to use the remote start feature but it is a bit annoying to do. At least with the Kia Connect app you can start it up as long as the car is already locked. It just takes a while to process sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts