Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,
I’m kind of pissed that when I bought my 2021 K5 they announced the new logo badges will be changed to all cars produced on 2022 onwards. I got a supplier with an authentic front and back logo badges but I’m not sure I will be able to replace the old with the new due to the oval around it as it comes with only connected letters. I guess it needs work with a professional. What do you suggest. Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought these vinyl stickers online to change the logo and honestly I think they look a little better than just the letters on the hood. I wouldn't be surprised if someone released a whole badge instead of just a sticker at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get them emblemed instead of stickers but but are with the oval I have no idea why they did the badges with letters

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I haven't really seen many choices out there for the oval emblems with the new KIA logo. There's one for the Stinger that's going for like $145 for the set (front, rear, steering wheel, and rims) but I think that's pretty expensive for the logos. It might be better to inquire about the pricing from this place instead, although they don't have prices listed either.

There are also 3D print files for a price. I don't know how much they are but fitment and finish will be entirely up to whoever is putting the time into getting it polished.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we just have to wait more where it all comes out with the new one this can definitely be a choice and new logo badges that can be equipped for the 2021 and older vehicles

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think we just have to wait more where it all comes out with the new one this can definitely be a choice and new logo badges that can be equipped for the 2021 and older vehicles
I
So I spoke to the dealership, and they said that they can order the front and the back badges and they can get them in however the timeline for them is not a definite and it could take as little as a couple days to as much as a couple weeks or months. The dealerships can not get their hands on them, and also they can get them on the new "K" logos as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
It's kind of hard to tell but looking at the images it looks like the letterings are white except the hood badges which are a brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I

So I spoke to the dealership, and they said that they can order the front and the back badges and they can get them in however the timeline for them is not a definite and it could take as little as a couple days to as much as a couple weeks or months. The dealerships can not get their hands on them, and also they can get them on the new "K" logos as well.
do you mean that they can place the new (just letters) logo to 2021 models? Even though there is an oval I doubt that can be possible

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
There's a pic of the emblem on the steering wheel of what looks like a K5 in the review. The logo looks very nice, much better than the concept emblem with the stray lines connecting the 3 letters in between.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
So I got my emblem overlays from Darkside Racing Arts today.
Font Material property Symbol Rectangle Poster

Took some time getting the actual order shipped, though. I'm not sure what was going on but the communication about the delay was non-existent. I've tried e-mailing them twice and once through PayPal with no responses. I was just about to call up my credit card company to dispute the purchase just a few days ago when they sent an e-mail saying it had been shipped. Mind you, I ordered this on July 1st with them saying that the order was processed on the same day so I was already charged for it. On July 27th, they finally sent an e-mail saying it was shipped out...

In any case, if anyone was wondering the sizes of the decal:
  • Large badges (front and rear): ~102mm x ~52mm
  • Small badges (steering wheel) : ~54mm x ~26mm
Those are approximately the same measurements I took of the actual front, rear, and steering wheel badges (without the silver border) of the car.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Font Font Gas Automotive tire Measuring instrument Audio equipment Gas Font Rectangle Symbol Automotive exterior Vehicle registration plate Calipers Automotive tire Tire Gas

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Oh, I also bought a set of these before the other place sent me an e-mail about the decals being sent:

I bought 2 sets. Each set is a 2 piece: a carbon fiber background and the new KIA logo that goes on top of it. It gives you the option of just covering up the logo or putting the new one on after.

Mind you, this size is only for the hood and trunk badges (110mm x 56mm, with silver edges). This is also coming from Korea so the wait for the shipping might take a while.

I'm going to wait for these to come in first before deciding which to put on. I'm thinking I might like the 2 piece more, as the KIA logo being a separate piece might give it a bit of a 3D look to it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
So I got these in the other day:
Rectangle Wood Font Material property Brick

Apparently, the oval is a bit bigger than the stock badge itself. I ended up just putting it on anyway and cutting it to size using an Xacto knife.

The oval itself might have some carbon fiber in it, or something like it. It wasn't just like cutting into vinyl and had individual strands I had to cut through.

Turned out pretty well from what I can tell so far. Will have to take some day time pics later.

Automotive lighting Hood Blue Motor vehicle Azure Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle Car Grille Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I got these in the other day:
View attachment 1495

Apparently, the oval is a bit bigger than the stock badge itself. I ended up just putting it on anyway and cutting it to size using an Xacto knife.

The oval itself might have some carbon fiber in it, or something like it. It wasn't just like cutting into vinyl and had individual strands I had to cut through.

Turned out pretty well from what I can tell so far. Will have to take some day time pics later.

View attachment 1496 View attachment 1497 View attachment 1498
Looks good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts