Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it is about to rain for a couple of days straight I wanted to get some RAINEX treatment on my windshield.

I just realized how the roof is all glass. My 10-15 minutes grew to a bit over an hour as I treated all the roof surfaces and back glass. It nearly took an entire bottle of treatment to complete.

On the upside everything up there should be good close to a year.

Besides RAINEX what are other best practices for roof glass protection that people are using?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Since it is about to rain for a couple of days straight I wanted to get some RAINEX treatment on my windshield.

I just realized how the roof is all glass. My 10-15 minutes grew to a bit over an hour as I treated all the roof surfaces and back glass. It nearly took an entire bottle of treatment to complete.

On the upside everything up there should be good close to a year.

Besides RAINEX what are other best practices for roof glass protection that people are using?
Other than RainX (or other hydro phobic glass treatment solutions), I've been using auto cleaning solutions with ceramic formula. It's safe for glass, plastic rubber, and paint and goes on top of wax and other coating for prolonged protection. You don't have to use the full product line but I tend to use the soap and the after wash solution to give it the extra beading. Also makes cleaning the top roof
glass much easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts