Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I bought my K5 Gt-line in Jan and I’m at 8700 miles and my wheel is already starting to shake when I brake at 60+. I assume its my rotors from experience but with the car being so new I’m a little baffled as to why they will fail so early. Has anyone else had these issues?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Warped rotors here at 18k. This is a first for me on any vehicle. It’s also the first car with adaptive cruise that brakes for us about 90% more than we normally would. In all my years of driving, I’ve never brakes and slowed coming up to a vehicle o the interstate unless I could not get in the passing lane.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I bought my K5 Gt-line in Jan and I’m at 8700 miles and my wheel is already starting to shake when I brake at 60+. I assume its my rotors from experience but with the car being so new I’m a little baffled as to why they will fail so early. Has anyone else had these issues?
2022 k5 gt line. 7000 miles, 99 percent highway, and rotors are warped with braking vibrations at high speeds. Service writer said it’s very common with k5’s and stingers. Surprised kia has yet to address this issue. Rotors should not be getting “heat damage” this early. Lots of forums and people saying the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heat Stress can happen at any age on rotors, especially now, as they aren't made to a thicker spec than they used to be. A lot of rotors these days are barely made above Discard Spec as most people replace everything when they do brake jobs.
You’re right, and it can. The fact it’s happening to this many Kia’s and so early, it’s more than a design flaw with the rotors. I see a recall coming soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts