Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been posting here and there on different threads and at the advise of Mr 1st I am starting this thread so you can track my build. It is now ceramic coated inside and out and tinted. I changed the wheel cap style A few times bit settled on the GT covers below. I also installed some carbon fiber window switch covers.
I just got the de badge done and will update photos in a couple hours.

-Performance wise so far I have replaced the stock plugs with HKS XL45s and installed the new 2.5 JB4 tuner From Burg as well as a OCC on PCV side from addw1.

Coming up:
I will be doing a custom blackout and hood and trunk PPF (most likely some carbon fiber design) and some lighting modifications on the 20th. I have ordered the big bore Throttle body and high flow racing cat and will get that installed as soon as it arrives. Im waiting for my cold air intake to be ready and am looking into some other suspension modifications to help with traction.
Today I ordered a set of Pilot Sport 4s summer tires to help with the traction. should have those installed by next week.

Ill keep plugging away with more modifications and will update here only now. Below will be some pictures of the car and part installs as of now. Will add more with each update. 🍻

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok here are some photos of de badge done. Will try and get some better ones.. I’m thinking I may do black out on the front badge and put it back in depending on how the other body work looks. Let me know what y’all think.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are these the plugs you used?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
38 Posts
Thanks for taking us along for the ride! I really like the GT wheel caps. I have the "L" caps and haven't installed them yet. I am on the fence about which ones I want to keep but after seeing yours, I think I MAY go GT....

I notice "GT" on the brake calipers. Where those purchased or painted?

Looks GRRRREAT man, looking forward to seeing what else you do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for taking us along for the ride! I really like the GT wheel caps. I have the "L" caps and haven't installed them yet. I am on the fence about which ones I want to keep but after seeing yours, I think I MAY go GT....

My GT came with GT caliper covers. The GTs have bigger/different brakes than the Lines.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks good! Gloss depth really shows through!
Thank you! Ya I like it more and more. I’m not going to put the front badge back on and not going to black out the handles. I am doing the lighting on Wednesday. And PPF next month.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yes sir. Glad to be a part of the community. And brakes come like that on the GT. and the wheel caps.. I say go with the GT from KDM. The L is cool too but I dig the gt. I have used them all. You can see the L up in my first photos. It does look good just not the look I’m going for on this one. I used them on my gtline though. If you do go L style. Don’t do the L do the vintage K badge. Carbon fiber set from KDM. Looks fantastic on the GT line. I have pics if you want.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts