Kia K5 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I had mine done at the dealer (front end only)
As part of the package deal. I didn't like that they only did partial hood so I had it redone by someone else. For the complete hood I was charged 250$.
my car came with the same partial from dealer and door edges etc.. removed it lol. 250? Do you live in the sticks 😂

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
429 Posts
Ya full PPF is definitely an expensive investment. But then your car is protected against everything for just about 10 years. I wouldn't do full car if I wasnt moving to Oregon and definitely wouldnt do it if I wasn't planning to keep it. Partial PPFs aren’t worth it IMO.. Full hood and roof is good option With ceramic on the rest.

If your going to just do ceramic, make sure the shop does a real ceramic. Not the ceramic spray shite all these places are pedaling now.
I did front end with full hood and then ceramic the whole car on top of it. Cause it was done by a friend of mine, I was only charged 250 for the ceramic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ya full PPF is definitely an expensive investment. But then your car is protected against everything for just about 10 years. I wouldn't do full car if I wasnt moving to Oregon and definitely wouldnt do it if I wasn't planning to keep it. Partial PPFs aren’t worth it IMO.. Full hood and roof is good option With ceramic on the rest.

If your going to just do ceramic, make sure the shop does a real ceramic. Not the ceramic spray shite all these places are pedaling now.
I can’t recall the brand but it is legit. There pro level advertises up to 5 years. It’s not a spay on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I have been posting here and there on different threads and at the advise of Mr 1st I am starting this thread so you can track my build. It is now ceramic coated inside and out and tinted. I changed the wheel cap style A few times bit settled on the GT covers below. I also installed some carbon fiber window switch covers.
I just got the de badge done and will update photos in a couple hours.

-Performance wise so far I have replaced the stock plugs with HKS XL45s and installed the new 2.5 JB4 tuner From Burg as well as a OCC on PCV side from addw1.

Coming up:
I will be doing a custom blackout and hood and trunk PPF (most likely some carbon fiber design) and some lighting modifications on the 20th. I have ordered the big bore Throttle body and high flow racing cat and will get that installed as soon as it arrives. Im waiting for my cold air intake to be ready and am looking into some other suspension modifications to help with traction.
Today I ordered a set of Pilot Sport 4s summer tires to help with the traction. should have those installed by next week.

Ill keep plugging away with more modifications and will update here only now. Below will be some pictures of the car and part installs as of now. Will add more with each update. 🍻 View attachment 1671 View attachment 1672
View attachment 1674 View attachment 1675 View attachment 1676 View attachment 1677
View attachment 1678
View attachment 1695
I think those are the cf k badges

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is so Nice, I have the same car and color and will have it ceramic coated. with all mods will you try it on a drag strip ? If yes I would like to see results

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
It is so Nice, I have the same car and color and will have it ceramic coated. with all mods will you try it on a drag strip ? If yes I would like to see results
thx. I wont be taking this to the strip ever. I have other cars for that. This is just my pet project ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
My favorite to
Nice! Quite the stable. How do you like the TRX? I need a fast car again 😭 The K5 is my daily. I sold the Twin Turbo Z06 to buy my house years ago.
thank you. I like the TRX a lot. It’s a beast. I got it mostly because my brother loves and owns a raptor .. so I needed to crush his spirits a little lol. My favorite to drive for “fast” is by far the trackhawk. If you have never driven one I would suggest you try it out.

·
Registered
2022 K5 Gt-Line Premium AWD
25 Posts
My favorite to

thank you. I like the TRX a lot. It’s a beast. I got it mostly because my brother loves and owns a raptor .. so I needed to crush his spirits a little lol. My favorite to drive for “fast” is by far the trackhawk. If you have never driven one I would suggest you try it out.
Well I have to say I just was at the dealership while shopping for what ended up being the KIA, and I loved the Widebody TRX more than the Raptors.(No hate) I have never driven a Trackhawk but driving my wife's new Grand Cherokee was what may me decide I wanted a new commuter. Unfortunately (and fortunately) most of my money is in my Modified
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK that use to be a sponsored vehicle.... 🍻

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Well I have to say I just was at the dealership while shopping for what ended up being the KIA, and I loved the Widebody TRX more than the Raptors.(No hate) I have never driven a Trackhawk but driving my wife's new Grand Cherokee was what may me decide I wanted a new commuter. Unfortunately (and fortunately) most of my money is in my Modified
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK that use to be a sponsored vehicle.... 🍻
Ya I definitely prefer my TRX to any of the Raptor models.. the hidden picture under the top engine cover is incredible.
The trackhawk is like no other suv. I had a 2010 Hennessy Srt8 jeep before this trackhawk.. and will get whatever they come up with next. it’s so fun to watch the face of almost any super car owner when they pull up next to you after getting gapped by a Jeep 😉.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
@RuffGT
Just thinking it would be great if they made this for K5-sized badges too. lol
So I came across this earlier and seems like they do sell the overlays for the new Kia badge for the 2022 K5, and in a few different colors to boot!
Just wished they had samples of what those colors look like. lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
So I came across this earlier and seems like they do sell the overlays for the new Kia badge for the 2022 K5, and in a few different colors to boot!
Just wished they had samples of what those colors look like. lol
lol. thats awesome man. Lots of people will go with a black out if offered I think. I’m leaving mine off. that way when everyone asks me what kinda car .. I can keep telling them an accord sport. Go buy one. Haha

81 - 100 of 101 Posts