Kia K5 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I think… at least thats what it says when I tried to look up different options. Maybe 40? Idk. Not 35 though. Lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Ya I agree.. I’m really happy decided I decided on the Conti 06+ for everyday driver. Only about 50 miles on them so far it the difference between these and the stock pirellis Is night and day. Looks like i may get in pretty soon to have the stock wheels powder coated So Ill have photos for you. Hard to keep up with all the cars😅 but luckily the others dont need much lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
Lol. Can I see what the contis look like on the car? Do they look wider than the stock tires. I find for 245s, they don't look wide at all wich takes away from the car's look.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Ya they are definitely wider and fill up the wheel well better. I’ll get some up close photos when I head down to the garage. The front actually are as wide as the fender/bumper at bottom. You can see just from this photo how much more they hang out over rim.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
Yeah, I believe stock tires are 245/40 for the GT. The GT-Line and EX are 235/45. I just remember them being about 1 size difference between them. lol

With 255/40, I think you should have a slightly thicker sidewall, too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Yeah, I believe stock tires are 245/40 for the GT. The GT-Line and EX are 235/45. I just remember them being about 1 size difference between them. lol

With 255/40, I think you should have a slightly thicker sidewall, too.
Yessir. These are still breaking in of course but I couldnt be happier with my decision. Ride is noticeably better, way less spin, no road noise from them at all and they are the right weight for the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Powder coating of stock wheels will be done next Tuesday @1st K5. Im still on the fence about which other wheels i like so i decided to hold off until powder coating is done And see how much i like these. If I like them a lot I will just throw the 4s on these during summer. It’s my grocery monster so do i really need multiple sets of wheels lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
I dig it. (y) How much do the tires and wheels stick out from under the wheel arches with the additional width and offset? Just wondering if it'll have slight issues with rubbing when you go over harsh bumps.

That said, the tire width matches the wheels nicely and seems to sit flush with the fender body. The wheels themselves matches the rest of the theme of your car as well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
I dig it. (y) How much do the tires and wheels stick out from under the wheel arches with the additional width and offset? Just wondering if it'll have slight issues with rubbing when you go over harsh bumps.

That said, the tire width matches the wheels nicely and seems to sit flush with the fender body. The wheels themselves matches the rest of the theme of your car as well.
thanks bud. Stealth gonna make it pop. stick out less then 3/4 inch if I had to guess.I’ll measure it though tomorrow. i tried to test the bumps a bit today.. no problem thus far. but time will tell lol. I didn’t like it at first but it’s growing on me.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
Powder coating of stock wheels will be done next Tuesday @1st K5. Im still on the fence about which other wheels i like so i decided to hold off until powder coating is done And see how much i like these. If I like them a lot I will just throw the 4s on these during summer. It’s my grocery monster so do i really need multiple sets of wheels lol
Thinking of powder coating the stock 19s also. Maybe throw 10mm spacers on there also and swap tires for Conti dws or Michelin pilots.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
Can we get a pic of the rear? Want to see how wide the tires look. How much was it lowered?

121 - 140 of 186 Posts