Kia K5 Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Just catching up on this thread. Thanks for sharing the journey! I think you have settled my constant internal debate between gloss or satin chrome delete.

QUESTION: Any thoughts on muffler/resonator mods or upgrades? I have been a little disappointed with just how quiet the 2.5L is. I really want mine to be about 20-30% louder. I have heard plenty of the FB clips of various res/muffler deletes and that sound is just not for me. I am trying to hit a nice "performance" sound, but nothing aggressive or "boy racer". I still want this thing to be a great highway cruiser. I imagine I will be going with something that still utilizes a resonator and mufflers.

Has the GT nation found a good "medium" exhaust mod path?
I have not done a RD as this is my DD and like you I don’t want it to be “racer” style. I prefer the sound from the Intake. i would talk to @1st K5 he knows many more options.. I just wanted
mine to be faster than his lol.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Wait till I get my tune and other goodies like Firestone firehawk Indy 500 tires for the grip.
You just wait and see.
Wait wait wait.. lol. I have been waiting months. I told you about the fire hawk. Dws is better! haha. You still won’t catch me
by the way when we race my K5 has a new body kit. Looks just like a Ferrari 😉

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
708 Posts
Wait wait wait.. lol. I have been waiting months. I told you about the fire hawk. Dws is better! haha. You still won’t catch me
by the way when we race my K5 has a new body kit. Looks just like a Ferrari 😉
How's the dws better? They're a bit lighter. Stop trying to make me spend more $$

·
Registered
2022 K5 EX-P
5 Posts
Black and brown? Lol.. Take it to reg forum 🍻
Right, color is subjective I know but it was posted on this forum so I replied on this very cool build forum which I read in full last night. Many of the parts you guys put in your rides are Greek to me but impressive nonetheless. Not to mention the amount of spend, wow. Makes it a spectator sport for sure.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Right, color is subjective I know but it was posted on this forum so I replied on this very cool build forum which I read in full last night. Many of the parts you guys put in your rides are Greek to me but impressive nonetheless. Not to mention the amount of spend, wow. Makes it a spectator sport for sure.
Sounds good bud. I do like the black and brown combo. The parts we use are pretty simple just with odd names lol. I’m actually selling my K5 but this build was fun.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts