Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new Kia k5 LXS has been having tons of issues with the safety system. I took it in they said it was a defect that they fixed, it’s been about two weeks and my cars putting itself on auto hold and not allowing me to drive it. Is anyone else having this issue? Along with the car play cutting in and out?
Car Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
7 Posts
I have the same issue with CarPlay glitching. So annoying when I’m blasting music and it goes in and out. I’ve asked as well if it has happened to people?! Lmk what you find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problems! I got my LXS in October of 2020 and the first day I had it all of my safety lights turned on, just like in your pictures posted. When i called the dealership they basically told me all they could do is tow the car and that I should just drive it anyways. It’s only happened one other time & both times were in cold weather, maybe that has something to do with it? As for the CarPlay, the dealership told me they would be coming out with an update to fix all the glitches. That was in December of 2020 lol.
My new Kia k5 LXS has been having tons of issues with the safety system. I took it in they said it was a defect that they fixed, it’s been about two weeks and my cars putting itself on auto hold and not allowing me to drive it. Is anyone else having this issue? Along with the car play cutting in and out? View attachment 1075 View attachment 1075

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the carplay issue after updating the head unit twice. It makes me want to ditch the car it aggravates me so much. I also notice after it cutting in and out about 5-6 times it then just doesnt work at all. It makes you hit the "Carplay" icon and then it immediately disconnects . No matter if i delete my device and reconnect it. The car has to sit for like an hour before it will work again. Car is the biggest piece of garbage iv owned.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
245 Posts
I have the carplay issue after updating the head unit twice. It makes me want to ditch the car it aggravates me so much. I also notice after it cutting in and out about 5-6 times it then just doesnt work at all. It makes you hit the "Carplay" icon and then it immediately disconnects . No matter if i delete my device and reconnect it. The car has to sit for like an hour before it will work again. Car is the biggest piece of garbage iv owned.
You could ditch Carplay for Android Auto ... I have no connectivity issues with Android Auto my Galaxy S21+.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.