Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
68 Posts
I just got the GT-Line AWD ... It's nice to get positive reinforcement after the fact.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol Yeah, I have no regrets getting the GT-Line AWD either. While I'm sure the bigger engine is lots of fun and lots more power, for me having the AWD to help put that power down better is something of a needed safety feature for my drive. I haven't needed it yet since I got my car but I've had a few instances before of where cutting power to the wheels would have made me unable to avoid the crazy drivers on the road.

I wasn't sure if the K5 GT was any different so I opted for the AWD, and GT-Line didn't have as much glossy piano black trim so that was a plus for me. 😂

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
63 Posts
I am honestly wondering how difficult it'll be once some of those AWDs start getting Insurance Company totalled to swap the transmission out. or maybe the other way around dropping the 2.5 into the engine bay of a GT-Line.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just thinking that... Would be awesome to drop the 2.5T into the GT-Line while keeping AWD, or vice versa (AWD in the GT).

I'm also thinking of the lower rear bumper part... The GT-Line has fake exhausts but other than the black part, the lower bumper is identical to the GT. Swap the lower bumper and get quad exhaust tips for the GT-Line. I'm just wondering how much the AWD module gets in the way. It looks like it's located on the rear driver side, opposite of where the exhaust is.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
63 Posts
Hmmm I hadn't thought about the exhaust routing so there would be a bit more to it than expected but still that would be ultimate sleeper material in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts