Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on Reddit that someone mentioned that they were looking at getting a screen protector for their 10.25 inch infotainment screen but unable to find. Has anyone found that they needed a screen protector for their K5?

Never noticed the need for a screen protector but doesn't sound like a bad idea. Picking up my 2022 Kia K5 GT-Line very soon so just wondering, thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
8 Posts
i don’t have the 10.25 screen but i do know i saw some both on ebay and amazon when looking for a protector for my 8 in

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I thought about getting one myself but I'm also being extra careful with the screen, especially when it comes to fingerprints. lol I've been lightly tapping the screen with the knuckle of my finger.

In any case, I think it might also make it harder to clean the surrounding areas of the screen and may get liquid or dust trapped underneath the protector at some point.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
8 Posts
I thought about getting one myself but I'm also being extra careful with the screen, especially when it comes to fingerprints. lol I've been lightly tapping the screen with the knuckle of my finger.

In any case, I think it might also make it harder to clean the surrounding areas of the screen and may get liquid or dust trapped underneath the protector at some point.
Honestly i never gave much thought to it either but i bought one on my previous car before i had the k5 and it worked wonders for me as far as dust, glares and accidents (kids&dogs) go. So i decided i wanted one for my k5

·
Registered
14 Posts
I always have one on my phone, but I don't see the need for one for the car. The phone one protects against drops and scratches, mostly from other things in your pockets. My car's screen literally will only ever be touched by my finger or a microfiber cloth, so I can't see why I'd need one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Noticed on Reddit that someone mentioned that they were looking at getting a screen protector for their 10.25 inch infotainment screen but unable to find. Has anyone found that they needed a screen protector for their K5?

Never noticed the need for a screen protector but doesn't sound like a bad idea. Picking up my 2022 Kia K5 GT-Line very soon so just wondering, thanks!
Amazon. $12 for a 2 pack. I got them. I had a screen protector on my 2019 Kia Forte that I traded for my K5 and it made it a lot easier to clean and finger prints didn’t stick to it as much as a naked screen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Amazon. $12 for a 2 pack. I got them. I had a screen protector on my 2019 Kia Forte that I traded for my K5 and it made it a lot easier to clean and finger prints didn’t stick to it as much as a naked screen.
Did you get the film or glass protector? Every review for the glass say it's too big.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
186 Posts
I've noticed that the angle of the screen is different than my optima was. It seems to cut down on reflections.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Yeah, looks like film would be the best option atm. All the glass protector options seem to have incorrect size issues

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your replies! When I pick up the car I think I won't get a screen protector for now as I have never had an issue with scratches or anything on a car's touchscreen. But I'll keep it in mind! Just never thought of it before haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts