Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to save the settings options so that it doesn't reset to default after the K5 is turned off and then on again. I would like to have my blinkers flash 5 times instead of 3 when doing a quick press of the turn signals. However I find that every time I re-enter my car it has been set back to the 3 flashes. It's not a big deal but if the option is there why won't it save my preference?

·
Registered
59 Posts
They do save those settings. No way Kia expects you to reset that stuff every time.
I like the 5 blinks setting, too. It’s always set to 5 blinks after I changed it.
If it keeps reverting to default it needs service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for the past month and a half I have had to redo it every single time I turn the car on if I feel like having the 5 flashes. I don't even want to take it to the dealership to fix. I'll stick with the 3 flashes because you know what happens after a trip to the dealership... they fix one thing and another thing goes wrong not long after lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thing I was wondering about... the auto start. Is there anyway to set it to a preference? Whenever I auto start I notice it is set at 72° with the outside air on. I would like to set it to always start at 69° with recycled air on. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another thing I was wondering about... the auto start. Is there anyway to set it to a preference? Whenever I auto start I notice it is set at 72° with the outside air on. I would like to set it to always start at 69° with recycled air on. Thanks.
I may be wrong, but I think 72° is the default. If you have the UVO Link app on your phone you can adjust the climate settings in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may be wrong, but I think 72° is the default. If you have the UVO Link app on your phone you can adjust the climate settings in there.
Thanks I'll have to give it a try. Didn't know the UVO app could do that. Heck! Didn't know there is a UVO app smh...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do save those settings. No way Kia expects you to reset that stuff every time.
I like the 5 blinks setting, too. It’s always set to 5 blinks after I changed it.
If it keeps reverting to default it needs service.
Well I am still having the issue. Set it twice today to 5 flashes. Got out of the car and when I returned to turn it on again it reset to the default 3 flashes. Guess I'll just live with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well I am still having the issue. Set it twice today to 5 flashes. Got out of the car and when I returned to turn it on again it reset to the default 3 flashes. Guess I'll just live with it.
It might be good to have the dealer look at it, as was already mentioned. It's a new car and shouldn't be having issues, so they should fix it. I've not had a problem with my K5 failing to retain any settings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can uvo be added to model that it didn't come with? I have fob remote start. K5 EX AWD model.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
120 Posts
Can uvo be added to model that it didn't come with? I have fob remote start. K5 EX AWD model.
That's one plus for living in Canada. You can't get the EX with AWD in the US for some reason. No idea why Kia decided no AWD on the EX here.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
392 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts