Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I have a 2021 K5 and I play the Sirius XM app when I’m driving. Recently I found where my Favorites don’t display on the infotainment screen. I get “trouble loading Sirius XM, try again”. I hit try again and get a blank white screen only showin, Recents, Favorites, and Discover along the top. I had tried turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to see if that would help, no luck

I had previously been to my local Kia dealer about 2-3 months ago to update the infotainment system. I had also updated to iOS 15 on my IPhone.

does anyone have any recommendations as to how to fix this? Very frustrating when you’re driving and you’d like to switch to another station on the app. Tia

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
How long has it been doing this for? Are you able to take some pics of the screens?

I'm also wondering if the significant increase in solar activity this month may be having any affect on satellite services...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll try to take some pics later today. I think it started about 2 weeks ago. Previously I had no problem with the favorites displaying on the screen

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Since you also mention Wi-Fi, I take it that you have a K5 with the smaller 8" screen? The radio head unit is slightly different between the 2 so just wanted to be sure which one you have.

Also, I admit that while I do have SiriusXM in my car, I rarely used it so I never got too familiar with how everything worked for it... 😅 This is the SiriusXM that comes with the car and not the app on your phone, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you also mention Wi-Fi, I take it that you have a K5 with the smaller 8" screen? The radio head unit is slightly different between the 2 so just wanted to be sure which one you have.

Also, I admit that while I do have SiriusXM in my car, I rarely used it so I never got too familiar with how everything worked for it... 😅 This is the SiriusXM that comes with the car and not the app on your phone, right?

yes, this is using the app on the IPhone see below
Computer Personal computer Netbook Output device Laptop

Output device Gadget Flat panel display Font Display device

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Hmm... That looks to be something wrong with the app itself and either how it interacts with Apple Carplay or it just cannot connect to the SiriusXM server.

Does it work outside of Apple Carplay and working on your phone itself?

You may have to contact the devs for the SiriusXM app in the Appstore to see if they know what's going on. Hopefully, they'll respond in a timely manner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm... That looks to be something wrong with the app itself and either how it interacts with Apple Carplay or it just cannot connect to the SiriusXM server.

Does it work outside of Apple Carplay and working on your phone itself?

You may have to contact the devs for the SiriusXM app in the Appstore to see if they know what's going on. Hopefully, they'll respond in a timely manner.
KunoMochi, yes, the app works fine outside the car. Thanks. I’ll post it on the App Store and see what they respond with

1 - 7 of 7 Posts