Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m roughly at 4-5k miles on my k5. Lately, the average idle rpm’s are right at 750 but for some reason it’s been “pulsing” like it dips to 650 then back and does it quickly. While it doesn’t seem like a big difference, the car shakes or vibrates significantly more because of it to where it’s noticeable. Just seems the car is having a hard time staying at it’s set idle rpms.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
What fuel do you use to fill up with? Also, do you have the GT or one of the lower trims? Just wanting to know which engine you have.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’m roughly at 4-5k miles on my k5. Lately, the average idle rpm’s are right at 750 but for some reason it’s been “pulsing” like it dips to 650 then back and does it quickly. While it doesn’t seem like a big difference, the car shakes or vibrates significantly more because of it to where it’s noticeable. Just seems the car is having a hard time staying at it’s set idle rpms.
When did you last change the oil?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I run mine on the 5k severe schedule and I am considering dropping it to every 4k. At or a bit before 5k I see the mileage drop, engine noise is up, and idle fluctuations especially when cold.

After an oil service everything smooths out.

Also watch your fuel. Many of us are finding out the hard way that the 2.5T is really picky about what you feed it. If you don't stick to clean TopTier fuel you will eventually end up with misfire problems and be in the shop for a week while they chase the gremlins out of the software.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run mine on the 5k severe schedule and I am considering dropping it to every 4k. At or a bit before 5k I see the mileage drop, engine noise is up, and idle fluctuations especially when cold.

After an oil service everything smooths out.

Also watch your fuel. Many of us are finding out the hard way that the 2.5T is really picky about what you feed it. If you don't stick to clean TopTier fuel you will eventually end up with misfire problems and be in the shop for a week while they chase the gremlins out of the software.
This does add up to my experience. When I bought it he said stick to the book, and I have free oil changes. If I bring it in before the book says so, will I run into issues?

ill definitely put the best gas I can find in it and run it to see what I get. Honestly, if it were just to idle maybe 100-150 rpm’s higher, it would run much smoother.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oil change...

It isn't going to hurt anything as far as the car is concerned. As far as the maintenance plan from the dealer, IDK. Even if you have to pay, a dealership full synthetic oil change with a tire rotation only runs me $93 in G-ville SC...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts