Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to disable the smart cruise control and just have regular cruise control? There are times when I don't appreciate the car jamming on the brakes needlessly. Reading the owners manual instructions didn't seem to help me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Paul Kia put together this video showing how to use Smart Cruise Control (SCC) in the Kia K5.
Skip to 1:25 for instructions on how to disable it:

BTW, how do you like SCC braking? Is it too harsh?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply but I think you missed my point. There are times I don't want SMART cruise control, just regular old cruise control. I know I can pause it with the pause button or by tapping the brakes but that's not the point. I don't always want it automatically adjusting the speed or slamming on the brakes when it see something erroneously, such as a car in the next lane on a curve that it thinks is in its lane, or when a car suddenly cuts into my lane. The braking can be too abrupt. We humans know how to slow down without getting rear-ended!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You could turn the distance all the way down, it should wait longer to intervene.

Did yours brake for an adjacent lane? How did it go wrong exactly?

I don’t want it hitting the brakes for no good reason either.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have turned the distance all the way down to level one. I want to disable smart cruise control in favor of regular cruise control. Period. Thanks. If anyone knows how to achieve this, please feel free to chime in!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have turned the distance all the way down to level one. I want to disable smart cruise control in favor of regular cruise control. Period. Thanks. If anyone knows how to achieve this, please feel free to chime in!
I had a question - you won’t answer. But you want an answer?
That’s rhetorical. Period. No thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted an answer to my initial question. Has anyone figured a way to enable regular cruise control--not Smart cruise control.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found the answer and you’re not getting it.

The driver may choose to only use the conventional Cruise Control mode (speed control function) by doing as follows:

1. on (tsystem will not be activated).
2. Push and the button for
3. Choose between “Smart Cruise Control” and “Cruise Control.”
theis used after the engine is turned on, the Smart Cruise Control mode will turn on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts