Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a red light I heard 3 beeps coming from the dash but no cel came on. As I started to drive off, the car reved higher than normal before shifting. I put it in manual to see what gear I'm in and there was an "S" instead of a number.
Turned the car off and everything was fine... Till about 20 mins later. Same thing. Was in sport+ mode. Turned the car off and everything back to normal.
Disconnected the battery just to reset the ecu and pulled all the ecu tcu fuses to make sure. So far it's been good. Nothing weird about the tyranny. Even prior to this. I'm chalking this up as a computer glitch.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no indication of any failure. Everything seems to be working normally now. Bizarre.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There's no indication of any failure. Everything seems to be working normally now. Bizarre.
Definitely a computer glitch of some sort. I wouldn't let it go...

Could be a timing (signal communication) error between system. Disconnecting everything gave you a good hard reboot.

Mobile systems like cars can be very sensitive to voltage (both over volt and low volt). Have you made any modifications or repairs lately that could have disrupted/affected voltage? Could be as simple as a loose harness or something.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So far it's all good. Wouldn't it give a cel?
Not if it was computers knocking heads and engine and Transmission performance was inside spec.

If no automatic car wash or driving through big puddles in the last day or 2, then start keeping an eye on your battery, alternator and/or belt.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P0868... I hope they didn't deliver the car with low tranny fluid.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Good information towards the end. The wet DCT runs oil through to keep cool via an electric pump that is activated by thermostat.

Low fluid levels is the easy answer. It could also be an issue with the pump or cooling coil.

Noticing your Canadian flag if you are experiencing some of that extreme unusual heat it could be the fluids the car was shipped with. When you start looking (especially through the parts sites) you will notice that they have a frigid, temperate, and tropical set up for the K5.

This is definitely something for your dealership. How many miles are you at on the odo?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hasn't been really hot here. Car has 8200kms
If it was low fluids the issue, I'd imagine this code would've popped up long time ago. No leaks anywhere.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hasn't been really hot here. Car has 8200kms
If it was low fluids the issue, I'd imagine this code would've popped up long time ago. No leaks anywhere.
I am still feeling a low voltage problem... The computers dropping sync/timing, the DCT pump is electric (not belt driven). If it isn't getting volts it runs anemic and triggers the fluid code you picked up...

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I shut the car off, car runs fine for a while. Yesterday it only happened twice. Today, about 1 min after start up.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear 3 beeps and and the tranny would only shift after 4k rpm. Today I got the cel.
Need to add that, I can't up shift or downshift. In manual mode I see an "S" "instead of the selected gear.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hear 3 beeps and and the tranny would only shift after 4k rpm. Today I got the cel.
Need to add that, I can't up shift or downshift. In manual mode I see an "S" "instead of the selected gear.
That S probably means safety mode. It needs a good service department sooner than later, something is not right. I will be interested to hear what it is since we are very close in mileage...

(5700mi = 9100km)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So.... My car won't move at all now. Put it in R and it flashes. Waiting for roadside assistance.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At the dealer as we speak. The mechanic I deal with took it right away and it's on the lift. Gave me a courtesy car and will notify me when they find the issue. Will put any order on rush. Great to deal with this dealer. Been there 8 yrs now. Hopefully nothing major and I'll have my car back soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts