Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over a giant bird this morning while driving to work. No visible body damage but when it went under the car it popped out a few of the push pin clips that hold on the front section of the underbody splash shield. That dragged too long and destroyed a few of the mounting points on the shield. I’m looking all over and can’t pinpoint the exact part number or even find anyone selling them. Anyone know of any schematics w the part numbers?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
I believe this is it here.

The part number is listed as 29110-L3000 for the whole assembly.

:edit:
Also, I totally understand the feeling after the incident. I did the same thing with my previous car, only I believe it was either a raccoon or a possum...

Almost ran over a possum the other day, too. I'm thankful for the bright headlights as I was able to see it stopped in the middle of my lane and staring at me from a good distance away, allowing me enough time to slow down and change lanes.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Yes I believe that is the correct part #. A lil more $ than I was hoping it would be. I’m going to check a few Kia stealerships around here to see if I can get a deal. There’s an authorized kia dealer on eBay selling it for $231 shipped. Right now that’s the best I found. This sucks. On a side note, after really looking closely at the bumper and sub assemblies on our cars I’m pretty shocked at just how cheaply made the body is. Most plastic body parts on the GT Line are paper thin and not mounted very securely. I’d imagine in even a light front end collision these cars will suffer major $ damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ran over a giant bird this morning while driving to work. No visible body damage but when it went under the car it popped out a few of the push pin clips that hold on the front section of the underbody splash shield. That dragged too long and destroyed a few of the mounting points on the shield. I’m looking all over and can’t pinpoint the exact part number or even find anyone selling them. Anyone know of any schematics w the part numbers?
Mine started dragging after Kia changed my oil

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Thank you. Yes I believe that is the correct part #. A lil more $ than I was hoping it would be. I’m going to check a few Kia stealerships around here to see if I can get a deal. There’s an authorized kia dealer on eBay selling it for $231 shipped. Right now that’s the best I found. This sucks. On a side note, after really looking closely at the bumper and sub assemblies on our cars I’m pretty shocked at just how cheaply made the body is. Most plastic body parts on the GT Line are paper thin and not mounted very securely. I’d imagine in even a light front end collision these cars will suffer major $ damage.
When you look at those, make sure it's the right one. It seems like a different one is also popping up in the results for me.
Plant Fruit Font Musical instrument Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive exterior Font Auto part Line art
You'll want the second one.

But yeah, definitely see how much the dealership is willing to charge for the piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts