Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my car being white...I see ALLLLL dem bugz mang! Really though, I see them and I can't take them off with a normal car wash. Any ideas how to get them little suckers un-splatted without ripping my paint off the lip?

·
Registered
3 Posts
try a clay bar with a spray detailer, they usually are sold together in a set. clay bars get most if not all surface contamination off the paint finish without damaging the clear coat. Or for rapid removal, MOTHERS brand " ceramic coat surface prep will do the same thing as a clay bar but is less time consuming. After definitely apply a coat of quality was or ceramic coat.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You aren't alone! I had to spend some time with a micro fiber towel and this stuff after my first wash to get the bumper clean.

I will say that mine came with the dealer applied ceramic protectant, and that may have helped everything release easier.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The sooner you clean up the mess the better. After every highway trip I will just do I real quick look and get a rag from the trunk and wipe it off. I live in South Texas and it gets extremely hot so I try not to let that mess bake to the paint or else it will be correction time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sooner you clean up the mess the better. After every highway trip I will just do I real quick look and get a rag from the trunk and wipe it off. I live in South Texas and it gets extremely hot so I try not to let that mess bake to the paint or else it will be correction time.
Yep so I got the car detailed last week. They baked into the paint so much that, in order to get them off, the paint came off the lip. I'm pretty ******. I touched it up with the touchup marker but it's damn annoying how it happened, I will be going out and getting a ceramic coating and everything I need to do a hand detail and apply it. It sucks, and I've NEVER done a hand detail myself, but looks like I'm going to learn as soon as this rain lets up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.