Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my car being white...I see ALLLLL dem bugz mang! Really though, I see them and I can't take them off with a normal car wash. Any ideas how to get them little suckers un-splatted without ripping my paint off the lip?

·
Registered
3 Posts
try a clay bar with a spray detailer, they usually are sold together in a set. clay bars get most if not all surface contamination off the paint finish without damaging the clear coat. Or for rapid removal, MOTHERS brand " ceramic coat surface prep will do the same thing as a clay bar but is less time consuming. After definitely apply a coat of quality was or ceramic coat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So with my car being white...I see ALLLLL dem bugz mang! Really though, I see them and I can't take them off with a normal car wash. Any ideas how to get them little suckers un-splatted without ripping my paint off the lip?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You aren't alone! I had to spend some time with a micro fiber towel and this stuff after my first wash to get the bumper clean.

I will say that mine came with the dealer applied ceramic protectant, and that may have helped everything release easier.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
631 Posts
Yeah, with a coat of wax and/or ceramic coat, it helps removing bug, tar, and other residue like bird droppings much easier.

If you do use the bug and tar, and sticker removers, just be sure to rewax the area as it tends to also remove some of the wax/protection layer from it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The sooner you clean up the mess the better. After every highway trip I will just do I real quick look and get a rag from the trunk and wipe it off. I live in South Texas and it gets extremely hot so I try not to let that mess bake to the paint or else it will be correction time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sooner you clean up the mess the better. After every highway trip I will just do I real quick look and get a rag from the trunk and wipe it off. I live in South Texas and it gets extremely hot so I try not to let that mess bake to the paint or else it will be correction time.
Yep so I got the car detailed last week. They baked into the paint so much that, in order to get them off, the paint came off the lip. I'm pretty pissed. I touched it up with the touchup marker but it's damn annoying how it happened, I will be going out and getting a ceramic coating and everything I need to do a hand detail and apply it. It sucks, and I've NEVER done a hand detail myself, but looks like I'm going to learn as soon as this rain lets up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here’s my front after a 300 mile trip. I almost wanted to get some plastic wrap and just temporarily cover the big parts and then peel it off after the trip. But none the less these critters suck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts