Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a spoiler I was happy with. Came unpainted from China, had it paint matched and then mounted a couple of days ago. I couldn't be more happy. The back of these cars need SOMETHING to offset the slope in my opinion. I could of ordered the factory one, but I think it's too minimal.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Looks nice! Did you also add in accent lights to the lower bumper? Those light bars reflecting off the painted trim gives it a nice effect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks nice! Did you also add in accent lights to the lower bumper? Those light bars reflecting off the painted trim gives it a nice effect.
Yes. I was getting frustrated that I couldn't find oem fog lights for the 2 fog light knockouts so I tried this lights. I wired them to come on with my headlights in white, then they are sequential in amber with turns signals. Here's a link the the video of the turns signals on (I put Hazzards on to show both working)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Damn, those look nice flashing like that!

I saw this one made for the older model Optimas and kind of hoped they'll make something similar for the DL3 K5s in the near future.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much.. Do you have to remove the exist spoiler ?
What is the installation like?
No my K5 is an EX. They don't offer the spoiler for it. Only GT and GT-line. If you have the factory spoiler it is 4 nuts holding it on inside the truck lid to remove. This spoiler doesn't require holes. I boarded the outside perimeter with oem grade 3m tape then used spots of eurothene (same used for windshields) along the entire inside of the spoiler which us essentially the corner of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what I did for the puddle lights that isn't an option on this car either. Wasn't sure how bright it was going to be and how it was going to project. Turned out brighter than my 2019 Cadenza. Very happy with this addition.

·
Registered
47 Posts
While this is clean, the lip spoiler look just doesn't do it for me.

Waiting on a low rise deck spoiler to bring something to the rear end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts