Kia K5 Forum banner

Squeaking noise from climate control unit

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  samydean213 
#1 ·
I’m 400 miles into a 22 GT line And I am experiencing a squeaking noise that is coming from the climate control unit. It sounds like squeaking Styrofoam and if I push on the climate control unit the noise goes away. Sometimes it will stay away for a little while other times it comes right back when I take my hands off. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#9 ·
Should be for all trims and years for the K5 experiencing this issue. On the upper right corner of the HVAC controls where it meets the silver trim. If the dealer was proactive about it, you should see some Tesa tape on the corner to prevent the squeaking. Otherwise, let the dealer service center know about it and it should be fixed under warranty. If need be, show them the NHTSA doc I linked above.

#12 ·
It's an automotive fabric tape. There's interior and exterior types, the interior is a soft fabric backed tape. In the linked Service Bulletin that's all the dealer is doing. Removing the panel and reapplying fabric in certain places so the soft tape back is against the plastic, not plastic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.