Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine grumble some mornings after sitting for a day or 2. Once the oxidation wears off they're good.

If yours are squeaking constantly that's not good. You should get them evaluated.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
No squeaky brakes here either. Then again, I'm perverse in a way that I wash the car just about every week... 😂 You may want to try some brake cleaner or brake quiet and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
No squeaky brakes here either. Then again, I'm perverse in a way that I wash the car just about every week... 😂 You may want to try some brake cleaner or brake quiet and see if that helps.
Is it bad that I haven't washed mine since I bought it ... in April?😱

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dropped off the K5 at the dealer. Turns out that the rear rotor needs replacing due to metal contact with the metal shield. Still waiting to find out of this will be covered under the warranty. I would assume so. I don't think painting the calipers would cause this contact.. Plus this was hear prior to painting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the dealer is not covering the damage. Stated that the backing plate being moved is outside the influenced repair.
What's $598 to swap a rotor. Crazy... Rotor is only $115.

I have no idea how this could have happened.. really sucks.

·
Registered
2022 K5 Gt-Line Premium AWD
25 Posts
Well, the dealer is not covering the damage. Stated that the backing plate being moved is outside the influenced repair.
What's $598 to swap a rotor. Crazy... Rotor is only $115.

I have no idea how this could have happened.. really sucks.
Crazy. I'm sure you can find a brake place to fix it far cheaper. I just had a local shop do pads and rotors that I applied on my Modified Jeep JK and they charged less than $200 for the whole she bang...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts