Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experience their K5 sporadically not starting either from inside or remote start and then operating normally? It seems to be a wireless transmission issue between the car and key fob.
This started two months ago and my car has been at the dealer twice with no solution.
I’ve heard there may be a factory part or programming defect and that this has been seen in other K5s.
Did anyone find the source of the problem or a solution?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone experience their K5 sporadically not starting either from inside or remote start and then operating normally? It seems to be a wireless transmission issue between the car and key fob.
This started two months ago and my car has been at the dealer twice with no solution.
I’ve heard there may be a factory part or programming defect and that this has been seen in other K5s.
Did anyone find the source of the problem or a solution?
Im actually having a similar issue but mine could also be extra things i have hooked up...works great for couple days then have to do a quick jump then iys good...tryin ti figure it out now

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Just a note, the remote start antenna is under the center console armrest. Make sure that there is little to no wireless interference between there and your keyfob for remote start.

If you're also having trouble starting your car even from inside the car then... Does it give you any messages, maybe like it can't find the keyfob on the instrument cluster screen? I know it's still a new car but perhaps try changing out the keyfob battery and see if that helps with signal strength.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a note, the remote start antenna is under the center console armrest. Make sure that there is little to no wireless interference between there and your keyfob for remote start.

If you're also having trouble starting your car even from inside the car then... Does it give you any messages, maybe like it can't find the keyfob on the instrument cluster screen? I know it's still a new car but perhaps try changing out the keyfob battery and see if that helps with signal strength.
remote start works well until this malfunction happens and then neither remote start or push button start works.
I don’t recall getting any error messages though the dealership has been less than helpful with troubleshooting.
changing the key fob battery was suggested though it sounds like a band aide solution to a bigger issue

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Yeah, I was just hoping that it could just be a faulty or drained keyfob battery than any problem associated with the car itself. After all, a couple dollars and a quick fix is better than having to leave the car at the dealer again for God knows how long. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts