Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next few days I'll be installing these used Pioneer speakers I picked up (ts-d65f) and these easy speaker connectors and attachment plates from crutchfield.

Using this as a log to show you what the stock connectors look like and if these easy connectors work so no hacking the wires 馃憤

Registered
In the next few days I'll be installing these used Pioneer speakers I picked up (ts-d65f) and these easy speaker connectors and attachment plates from crutchfield.

Using this as a log to show you what the stock connectors look like and if these easy connectors work so no hacking the wires 馃憤

View attachment 463
let me know how easy/hard it was to take off the door panels, and the best suggestion on how to! ive been thinking of doing a stereo upgrade too with tweeters as well. thanks mate!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me know how easy/hard it was to take off the door panels, and the best suggestion on how to! ive been thinking of doing a stereo upgrade too with tweeters as well. thanks mate!
No problem I'll a general motors accessories installer by trade for the past 11 years so I'll do my best to break it down and explain what I can.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you comment on the stock sound system quality?
Sure, the six speaker non Bose stereo sounds decent nothing special has a little bit of Bass can't turn it up to high though the highs are a little lacking the midss are raspy if you turn it up but decent sound overall. Way better than my 18 Cruze lt rs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The door panels were cake. There is a tutorial on here I used but honestly, each panel has one Phillips head screw center mounted, after that, get a plastic pry tool and go under the bottom of the door and pop the clips all around the door. I let them hang on a towel and removed the speakers

Registered
The door panels were cake. There is a tutorial on here I used but honestly, each panel has one Phillips head screw center mounted, after that, get a plastic pry tool and go under the bottom of the door and pop the clips all around the door. I let them hang on a towel and removed the speakers
okay hell yeah thats good to hear. so when you buy speakers, do you have to buy some sort of connector/adapter or do they just plug right in to the oem door panel?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay hell yeah thats good to hear. so when you buy speakers, do you have to buy some sort of connector/adapter or do they just plug right in to the oem door panel?
Yep! Crutchfield sells them I got the adapters and the mounting plates for 60 bucks. Makes it super easy all you will need is screws

Registered

View attachment 463
Since replacing 4 do you have any plan on replacing the other two. Speakers as well also how does it sound now since the replacement

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so, the other two in dash are just tweeters, I don't have plans to replace them.

Now, the speakers shown I got real cheap and they are usually 120 a set, I had paid 60 for all 4.

I didn't realize the sensitivity on them were less than 85, which is Not ideal for a stock stereo head unit.

So, that said I have to turn the volume up real loud for them to perform, and yes they sound good but they need to be amped.

So I am selling them, and after a lengthy conversation with crutchfield, I ended up going on Google and ordering these.
(see pic)

Absolutely great brand I always have used, and sensitivity is 93.

These should blow away these speakers (on stock head unit) and once the snow clears the sub will be going in too.

I will report back.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely.

The brackets and quick wire connectors from crutchfield are a life saver.

Sunday if it's decent out and not under 25f out I'll try and do them. I was able to do all 4 speakers in 35 minutes the other day.

I do have experience in this field though lol

Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
Okay so, the other two in dash are just tweeters, I don't have plans to replace them.

Now, the speakers shown I got real cheap and they are usually 120 a set, I had paid 60 for all 4.

I didn't realize the sensitivity on them were less than 85, which is Not ideal for a stock stereo head unit.

So, that said I have to turn the volume up real loud for them to perform, and yes they sound good but they need to be amped.

So I am selling them, and after a lengthy conversation with crutchfield, I ended up going on Google and ordering these.
(see pic)

Absolutely great brand I always have used, and sensitivity is 93.

These should blow away these speakers (on stock head unit) and once the snow clears the sub will be going in too.

I will report back. View attachment 470
Thanks for the info on speaker upgrade. I am having a JL Audio 12 inch Micro Sub installed on Saturday. It has a 400 W amp built into the sub box. Small footprint in trunk area and can be unplugged and removed quickly if needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info on speaker upgrade. I am having a JL Audio 12 inch Micro Sub installed on Saturday. It has a 400 W amp built into the sub box. Small footprint in trunk area and can be unplugged and removed quickly if needed.
Hell yeah! I'm installing mine Sunday if the freezing weather goes away. I have a 1000w hifonics amp and a small footprint sealed Pioneer 10 Inch sub it sits on. Easily removed too

1 - 20 of 26 Posts