Kia K5 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone notice differences between the accidental release and this one?
I don't notice anything at all. It could be something so minor they fixed that we didn't have a chance to see. Hell it could be a patch to fix a security opening. Mobis is very tight when it comes to security. I still dream of a user friendly way to sideload apps

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,335 Posts
For Android Auto users, Google is preparing an update so that Android Auto will be using the whole screen of the infotainment system, no matter the differing in size and aspect ratio.

We shall see how that'll scale on the 10.25" screen when it hits.

·
Registered
251 Posts
For Android Auto users, Google is preparing an update so that Android Auto will be using the whole screen of the infotainment system, no matter the differing in size and aspect ratio.

We shall see how that'll scale on the 10.25" screen when it hits.
Not Kia, but on my Hyundai Santa Cruz it gave me Android Auto full screen. Should be the same for Kias.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I have a 2022 GT-Line AWD with 10 inch screen (premium package) and use an iPhone. I connect with the USB cord (not wireless). Bought the car is October 21. Never have updated anything. Is there any big reason to other than updating the map. I use google maps on CarPlay and never use the map with the car. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am using my USB flash drive to update my Kia forte gt line 2020. But when i connect the flash drive into my car in the port saying "USB" it did not give me any message about updating my system after pressing "update" button in "software info tab" in settings.
This is my software verson - BD4DR.USA.SOP.V108.190715
it tells me to insert the device with the update files in it and try again
What should i do?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
57 Posts
Hi, I am using my USB flash drive to update my Kia forte gt line 2020. But when i connect the flash drive into my car in the port saying "USB" it did not give me any message about updating my system after pressing "update" button in "software info tab" in settings.
This is my software verson - BD4DR.USA.SOP.V108.190715
it tells me to insert the device with the update files in it and try again
What should i do?
files have to be in the root of the drive. no subfolders.. that was my initial mistake

81 - 100 of 149 Posts