Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the only thing you want the mirror for is to open the garage, you could look into an adapter you install on your garage door to make it compatible with Apple HomeKit and google home, then you could just open/close the garage door with CarPlay/android auto.Pretty nifty. I have one on my garage door and it works pretty well, unless the wifi goes down lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
FWIW, I have a key fob garage opener (get from any store or online), and secured it (velcro tape in this case) to the interior sidewall, just right of my right knee. Easy peasy, out of sight, and not on the visor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If the only thing you want the mirror for is to open the garage, you could look into an adapter you install on your garage door to make it compatible with Apple HomeKit and google home, then you could just open/close the garage door with CarPlay/android auto.Pretty nifty. I have one on my garage door and it works pretty well, unless the wifi goes down lol
Nah, I also want the auto-dimming feature. And I also like the compass display, so that's a bonus with the aftermarket mirrors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Found a seller on ebay selling genuine Kia Homelink mirrors for $92. Shows them to be new in Kia box. Seller is kiaofswfl, so looks like a Kia dealer. Has 660 sales with 98.2% positive reviews, so I feel good about him.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts