Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at two kits online for changing the DRL's in the headlights out for RGB ones that do all kinds of crazy stuff. RGBhalokits and Lighting Trendz puts out a similar product.

After a week of researching how to crack open the headlight assembly by baking them in the oven, installing the RGB tubes, talking to different custom car shops in the Kansas City area, etc....I finally stumbled on a guy that offered to help me do the install but gave some hard truths about the products I was looking at.

The two kits I mentioned use pretty cheap $25 lighting tubes you can buy online through Amazon or eBay, and their quality is pretty terrible. The way he explained it to me, these guys are trying to make a quick buck before bigger companies start making retro fit kits that are built on PCB's and designed specifically for our vehicles.

As much as I wanted to jump on the purchase and change these daytime running lights out, I'm going to be patient and hold off awhile until some quality parts come out. I figured this was good info for anyone out there also considering this mod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I used to have a 370z. I took the time to do exactly what you said, bake them in the oven pry them apart and reseal afterwards. Literally took me about 6 hours over 2 days. I installed some rgb halo rings and painted the inner headlight housing, they looked absolutely amazing…for about 2 weeks. Half of one of the rings completely went out. It was so much work that I just unplugged them instead of going through it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts