Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done 5% tint all the way around including brow and a 30% windshield? I have an appointment tomorrow to get it done but, scared it might be too dark.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I don't think I've seen anyone get anything darker than 15% yet.

I don't think I'd go any darker myself, even with the Florida sun. It'd get too hard to see through at night during my early morning commutes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It’d be great if there were a singular tint thread so everyone could see a variety of percentage combos.

Edit: I’m also curious what 50% would look like

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve got my windows tinted 5% all around . It’s pretty dark . Just sucks at night when trying to park . I have to open my windows just to reverse into a parking spot since it’s too damn dark but it does make the car appearance better But my windshield is not tinted .

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
My windshield is tinted 75% with ceramic tint. It's not really allowed to tint the windshield in Florida but I did it anyway since the sun here is fierce. It's almost like there wasn't a tint at all but it blocks out a good amount of UV, though.

Just a question, did you all get your panoramic sunroof (if equipped) to be tinted, too? Or if your tinter would be willing to do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My windshield is tinted 75% with ceramic tint. It's not really allowed to tint the windshield in Florida but I did it anyway since the sun here is fierce. It's almost like there wasn't a tint at all but it blocks out a good amount of UV, though.

Just a question, did you all get your panoramic sunroof (if equipped) to be tinted, too? Or if your tinter would be willing to do it.
I know most tint shops around here won’t allow tinting of sunroofs. Because the glass is directly on the sun it’ll shatter the glass.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I guess that kinda makes sense... Even though the windshield is also directly in the sun, the panoroof glass is probably thinner and less resilient due to it having to be on top and being moved by mechanisms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All I’m saying is , if you have bad eye sight or hate driving in the night I don’t suggest getting your windows tinted at 5% . On my old Kia Optima , I had the back windshield at 5 % and the windows at 20% and it blended in so well that my tints were perfect . I only got my k5 tinted 5% all around cause I hate the sun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you often have a front windshield tint? The people I've reached out to don't tint the front because it's not legal, even at something like 75%. I'd like to have that tinted but also I don't want to get pulled over every week (I live in northern VA where cops are apparently notorious about it).

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Do you often have a front windshield tint? The people I've reached out to don't tint the front because it's not legal, even at something like 75%. I'd like to have that tinted but also I don't want to get pulled over every week (I live in northern VA where cops are apparently notorious about it).
I got my front windshield tinted with 75%. You don't notice it with that light of a tint unless you get a device to show you the tint level. As you go lower, the tinting will become much more apparent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Understandable. This will be my first tinted windshield. I work at a used truck dealership here in Colorado and a few come in with tinted windshields and it’s nice.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line
26 Posts
I went with 25% all around, I didn't do the front windshield though I didn't want to give the cops more of a reason to pull me over as here in New York you aren't allowed to have any tint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I love the way both of your cars look with that dark tint. 😂 I might end up redoing my tints to get something darker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts