Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As winter approaches and most of us have ample mileage built up on our k5’s, I thought it may be good to start a thread for tire discussion and reviews. Please submit a picture of tire and size with your review.

I am currently using Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ Size: 255/40/19
In addition to greatly improving every aspect of the driving experience, and IMO the look and stance of my k5..
these tires have a great feature with -independent wear indicators for Dry, wet and snow; displayed as D W S within the tire tread. (Picture below)
Another added benefit of these tires is the weight.. they are around 25 lbs each instead of the normal 28-30 lbs with most other brands. I think this is a great weight for the k5.

There is little to no tread noise at any speed. Handling is on point but a little ”floaty” until you get used to it.
For GT owners.. after about 250 miles break in.. the tire spin with these over stock is noticeably reduced. Which I’m sure you would agree is a little absurd on the stock tires. especially if you have done any performance upgrades.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
I'm thinking of going with Continentals myself when it comes time to change these tires. Might also take the opportunity to change the wheels, too. lol

But yeah, still currently on stock 18" wheels and tires.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been using them for over 10 yrs. Great tire but wasn't sure if they would improve the traction and handling. We'll just have to ta your word @RuffGT
Over the stock tires.. lol.

You don’t have to take my word for it. There are so plentiful in depth reviews of these tires independently and against the competition.

also, in all reality. Any high performance tire is going to handle as well as you all can drive 😂

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
669 Posts
Over the stock tires.. lol.

You don’t have to take my word for it. There are so plentiful in depth reviews of these tires independently and against the competition.

also, in all reality. Any high performance tire is going to handle as well as you all can drive 😂
I don't doubt you. Hence why I said we have to take your word, 😁
If I have dedicated winters, should I get contisport?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it was me.. I would. The overall drive quality , more then just performance, is drastically better then on the pzero’s.
and it handles almost as well as the MP4s During the summer. I wouldn’t want to have mp4s on and then get a random below 30-40 degree day and have a problem.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well now I like them more... If you approve.
Great alternative to the 4s. Just a little heavier then I wanted and since I dont want to have to change tires I went with the Conti. In the winter the TRX will get the most use I imagine.. honestly though we hardly drive. Last car I sold had about 7k miles in a year 1/2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts