Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ran a track day to try and reach 145 mph. Some say 142 is the top speed and a few have said 155, which i think is a little or a lot optimistic. Anywho I could not even get close. It felt pretty good, and handled well with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires, but I could only get 125 mph out of her. Any comments please, maybe I was doing something wrong?? One thing i thought of is I was letting it shift automatically although I was in Sport + mode. I was watching the speedo and really didn't know what gear or what rpm I was at. I was thinking maybe it won't pull that much speed unless youre in 7th or 6th gear??? Help??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way this is a 2.5T... At full throttle it doesn't even shift into 8th until 135-137...
I was on a good 1/2 mile straight coming onto it at, at least 60 mph, and it would only pull 125??? And it didnt seem to be pulling much more speed at the end of the straight?? Something doesn't seem right here...

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
91 Posts
Again, is this 1.6t or 2.5t?
If 2.5t, something wrong with the car.
I agree. If this is a 2.5L turbo K5 GT then something seems wrong. I've never been on the track but I've gone from low highway speeds to 100 mph in like 30 seconds with the throttle barely even past halfway. There was plenty left if I wanted to push it further.
This YouTube video shows someone doing a roll from 20 mph to 105 mph in 15 seconds for reference. The car is only in fifth gear at 105 mph, so there should be lots of speed left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts