Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started 5 months ago when my Bluetooth stopped working in my car. I was able to get it in for an appointment after a month or so and was sent home and told to upload the newest update from the kia website. Still no Bluetooth, and had to set up another appointment which ended with them saying they weren't sure what the problem was and that they would get back to me when they heard from the KIA engineers. Long story short, 6 service appointments later (5 months) and new entertainment unit and new problems. Now my navigation system will not display anything but Bluetooth works great. I have been told they are working on a solution and will let me know as soon as a repair is available. Does anyone else have similar issues? I loved my car until this but now I am just frustrated everytime I drive it. This is not what I paid for and noone will tell me when or if this will be fixed... At what point do I deserve to be reimbursed for paying for a car that does not have the features it was promised to have.... or am I just being impatient?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Have you tried a different dealer? I've found that some dealers have techs who are proficient in some areas that others aren't. One dealer might have a top-notch engine guy while another one has a wizard who can fix any electronics problem, and so on.

Try another dealer - they may have someone who knows what your issue is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called and talked to KIA customer service hotline about the issue and they looked into it and told me that there is currently no fix for the issue but they are working on a patch repair for the system. Thanks for the feedback though...

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line FWD
36 Posts
I bought one of the $50 “wireless CarPlay/android auto” boxes on Amazon. It hooks to the USB port for the wired CarPlay/android auto, and creates a wifi network with your phone. It’s quirky at times, but works for streaming music and Navi 90% of the time using your phone instead of the Kia stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts