Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a touch up pen and I'm just double checking since the color on the box is darker than the car. Seems good to you guys?
Font Electronic device Number Wood Metal
Font Gauge Circle Number Measuring instrument

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
When I got my touch up pen, I tested it on a piece of card stock with a glossy laminate or coating on it. You can dab it somewhere and see how it matches up with your paint. I know that it won't match up 100%, my sure didn't, but it's also because the paint on your car was sprayed on evenly layer by layer instead of just a dab.

If you ever need to remove it, I've used acetone (aka nail polish) and that got rid of the excess paint. It seems to leave the original clear coat and paint intact while just affecting the touch up paint and the touch up clear coat (it comes off like a small piece of plastic wrap). I soaked a q-tip with acetone and just rubbed it off by rolling the tip over it lightly. Then just either use a detailer or water to wash it off. Make sure to use a throw away towel when wiping it off as some of the touch up paint will likely get on it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will bring it to my detailer. He'll touch up the spot and water sand, buff the area.
I got that chip from a clown passing everyone on the highway on the left shoulder while I was driving on the left lane. Got rocks flying everywhere. Cracked my windshield chipped the hood and left door. Thankfully I have ppf on the hood and the damage is very small.
Water Atmosphere Hood Liquid Automotive lighting
Grey Sky Cloud Tints and shades Landscape

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keep us updated! Have a small scratch on my hood from a truck was thinking of going to the dealer to see if they have a touch up pen on my first oil change

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pen cost 22$. One side has the color and the other side has the clear. Will update when it's all done.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
54 Posts

You can also find them on eBay. Prob cheaper than your local dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Yeah, I ordered mine off of another dealer on ebay. I believe I paid around $16 with free shipping.

Sapphire Blue color code = DU2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts