Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
44 Posts
Here is the TSB detailing how to update K5 software so apple connects wirelessly without disconnecting so we can properly use apple car play. Seems to work without visiting the dealership for the update.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10186040-0001.pdf

Cheers,
John
John,
Thanks man for this information. I completed the instructions on the TSB and installed. Also updated my iPhone to latest release and all is working well. In addition, on my phone wifi settings for the vehicle I turned off the low data setting.
Much appreciated,
Dwight

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John,
Thanks man for this information. I completed the instructions on the TSB and installed. Also updated my iPhone to latest release and all is working well. In addition, on my phone wifi settings for the vehicle I turned off the low data setting.
Much appreciated,
Dwight
Glad I found it and was able to share.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where can I see if I have the latest version?
using the general settings on the radio, also note that the linked in the TSB appear to be "USA" versions, and our K5s have a "CAN" version of the software, no idea what differences if any. Apologies for the delay, only recently actually received the car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT Line
2 Posts
i updated my software
Here is the TSB detailing how to update K5 software so apple connects wirelessly without disconnecting so we can properly use apple car play. Seems to work without visiting the dealership for the update.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10186040-0001.pdf

Cheers,
John
Thank you for the software link update. I updated my software as instructed. It worked fine for a couple of days but as of this morning, it started dropping connection again. Any suggestions. I've tried removing and rejoining the Bluetooth connection. reset network setting on my iPhone Xr and my iPhone 11.
Sometimes it's hit or miss situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts