Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any hack or mod to turn off the DRL? I love them lol but we know they can be turned off if the car is in park and you engage the parking brake. So I wonder if we could tap into that somehow.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
If your light stock are in the OFF position it should also turn off the DRLs, but having it on AUTO will have it turn on DRLs by default. I can't remember if it's in there but you can check the light settings on your front instrument cluster to see if there is a DRL setting too.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
14 Posts
I thought all new cars in the US were required to have DRL. I think that was enacted years ago. If I’m right I can’t imagine there being a way to turn them off. Maybe that requirement hasn’t kicked in yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your light stock are in the OFF position it should also turn off the DRLs, but having it on AUTO will have it turn on DRLs by default. I can't remember if it's in there but you can check the light settings on your front instrument cluster to see if there is a DRL setting too.
[/QUOTE
I thought all new cars in the US were required to have DRL. I think that was enacted years ago. If I’m right I can’t imagine there being a way to turn them off. Maybe that requirement hasn’t kicked in yet.
My DRLs stay on (probably all newer cars) with the stalk set to OFF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh, that’s right. Makes sense!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
I did come across another K5 on the road with their DRL off before. I figured they must have left the headlights set to off. Maybe it's only in the lower trims without the Auto lights?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
23 Posts
I'm don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to drive around without them. I'd rather be seen and not have some unfortunate soul pull out in front of me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to drive around without them. I'd rather be seen and not have some unfortunate soul pull out in front of me.
True. Again, I love the look of the DRLs and of course, the safety aspect is most important. But would like the option if it was available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts