Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to find info, upgrades or anything on switching out the older gauge cluster to the new digital one? I’ve seen where the k5’s in Canada and everywhere else but the US got that upgrade for some reason. If I can find the parts, it looks like it may be a plug and play almost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I’ve talked to a tech still having trouble finishing the digital speedometer part number. Once I have that, we’ll compare and see if you can at least hot swap it. Odds are it’ll need software edits too, hopefully not. If anyone can find the digital part, let me know!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update: I’ve talked to a tech still having trouble finishing the digital speedometer part number. Once I have that, we’ll compare and see if you can at least hot swap it. Odds are it’ll need software edits too, hopefully not. If anyone can find the digital part, let me know!
Any updates? Ive really wanted this feature so bad!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any updates? Ive really wanted this feature so bad!
Unfortunately not. Someone claimed they found it but the LCD they thought was it turned out to be the little screen in the middle. 😐 They said Canada Versions had it but I can’t find a single one. In Japan/South Korea they have the lcd but no luck finding a part #. Even if i did find it, it’s probably hella expensive/hard to get. I’m definitely looking tho, I’d love to have it like you! 🤣

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unfortunately not. Someone claimed they found it but the LCD they thought was it turned out to be the little screen in the middle. 😐 They said Canada Versions had it but I can’t find a single one. In Japan/South Korea they have the lcd but no luck finding a part #. Even if i did find it, it’s probably hella expensive/hard to get. I’m definitely looking tho, I’d love to have it like you! 🤣
Yeah it’s difficult. Only the GT in Canada has it. I would pay anything to have it tbh 😂

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah it’s difficult. Only the GT in Canada has it. I would pay anything to have it tbh 😂
If you could find a VIN number on a GT that has it, I could get more info. But I went online to Kia Canada an every version doesn’t show the full lcd. Just the regular one. I found one but no luck on finding the vin to get a parts Manuel from a Kia tech

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you could find a VIN number on a GT that has it, I could get more info. But I went online to Kia Canada an every version doesn’t show the full lcd. Just the regular one. I found one but no luck on finding the vin to get a parts Manuel from a Kia tech
I’ll look into it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately no. I don’t know if they sell that part for it. Frustrating
I know. I was thinking about it yesterday sitting at a light and wished I had it. I did everything I could. Maybe when the US cars get it in another year or so it’ll be easier.

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
38 Posts
Here in Canada, the digital dash is a premium upgrade option for the EX and GT-Line. I believe it comes standard on the GT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you looked into reaching out to a Canadian Kia Parts place ? Maybe they could help you out
They require I at least have a VIN I order to pull up the appropriate schematic to find the part number for the digital cluster. I cannot find a single VIN with a digital cluster online. I even found a GT that was being sold in Canada, but had stock cluster, not digital.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts