Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a K5 EX with the Bose suchlike. The USB port doesn't work with a USB drive anymore. This is the same stick that WAS working in my Soul prior to the accident, and was working in this for two and a half months before it stopped. NO sticks will work. Not even with a single file on it.
Voice commands! Preparing, please wait. And it never goes beyond that. Period. This has been an on and off issue since I got the car, but at the end of January, it went totally kaput. Around the same time the USB port crapped.
Bluetooth! Audio works, but in order to use my phone, I have to answer it on the headset and manually transfer it to the Bluetooth. I cannot use the phone buttons to accept or reject. I've tried this with a couple of phones (Galaxy Note20 Ultra and an iPhone 11) with the same results. I would love to try and reset the bluetooth entirely, but it sits there 'resetting'. I've left it for 45 minutes to no avail.
Android Auto works when USB'd, but I don't WANT Android auto -- I bought the car specifically for the technology package. Which is broken.

It took me 8 WEEKS to get an appointment at the dealer. They had the car for 17 days and claimed to not be able to reproduce the issue. Bullshit. I even left the USB stick with them.

What shall I do? I had to get Kia customer service involved to even get the ball rolling to get my car back -- the rental was killing me at $35/day (which the dealer finally DID cover). I know they're trying to run me out of the 12,000 mile electronic warranty. And that will be tomorrow.

Help!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and what was the outcome?
There wasn't any. The dealership LIED to me and never ordered the part.
Kia Consumer whatever is having me go to ANOTHER dealer.

Six.
Months.
Of.
This.
Crap.

I will never buy another Kia (this was my third Kia). :-/

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
120 Posts
Sounds like your dealership sucks. But that has not been my experience with my Kia dealership.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like your dealership sucks. But that has not been my experience with my Kia dealership.
Riverside Kia.
They went under new management recently(ish), and they've gone to complete crap.

Amusingly, most of the complaints about service are about the same person -- the one that lied to ME, in fact. Interesting, huh? :p

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
120 Posts
I've seen new ownership ruin a dealership before. I had a Nissan rogue a while ago. And the dealer had free oil changes for as long as you owned it. New owners immediately tried to cancel it. Fortunately, I had paperwork saying it was included. Never went back... except for my free oil changes. I definitely never went there to buy a new car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen new ownership ruin a dealership before. I had a Nissan rogue a while ago. And the dealer had free oil changes for as long as you owned it. New owners immediately tried to cancel it. Fortunately, I had paperwork saying it was included. Never went back... except for my free oil changes. I definitely never went there to buy a new car.
I would have bought from Citrus Kia again (that's where I got my Soul), but they didn't have the EX in stock.
It was between the K5 EX and a CVT WRX. ...the K5 won out 'cause it was in stock. o.o

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
392 Posts
I hear the CVT in the WRX could still use some work while the torque converted auto trans in the K5 has been refined enough to be pretty smooth. Just too bad you had to deal with such a bad dealer experience for it.

I will say that not all Kia dealers are like that, but just being able to come across one that is good and consistent is always hard, especially when people don't go around shopping for cars more than once every few years.

And for what it's worth, the dealer I went to was Rick Case Kia and their service and attitude has been great for me so far. The buying experience was smooth and more or less hassle free. Smiles all around and were more than happy to help me out with my accommodations when I went in to get my Homelink mirror installed.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I HAD a 2015 STI, but driving stick in Southern California is about as much fun as being repeatedly kicked in the crotch by a donkey.

I would prefer a DCT to CVT, but hey...

...and I've noticed the K5 randomly just likes to LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG; more than my 2020 Soul GT-Line did -- but I can deal with that to not have it shutting off at every light! XD

The head unit got MUCH worse over time. I really hope they replace it, otherwise I'm'a hafta get a lawyer. x.x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts