Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 2022 K5 EX for about 2 weeks now and I’ve had no issues with remote start or even scheduled start using the UVO Access app until tonight. The scheduled start was unable to execute the command stating that it failed to turn on the engine. And now I get this message anytime I go into any sub-section of the app. Car was able to start with no issues using push to start. And yes the car is in the proper status for remote start to work. Doors locked, windows up, gas tank full. No signs of battery drain and both at my house and at my job both me and the car have solid network connections. Any insight or common issues related to mine would be much appreciated. I understand the app isn’t the best and needs some work lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel any better, it doesn't seem like you're alone with this message. lol It seems that the UVO service is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance. You can check it out by logging in here:

The web portal also acts as a more glorified UVO access app with more detailed remote start options.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if it makes you feel any better, it doesn't seem like you're alone with this message. lol It seems that the UVO service is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance. You can check it out by logging in here:

The web portal also acts as a more glorified UVO access app with more detailed remote start options.
Phew lol thank god I was freaking out that I was gonna be stranded here at work when I get off shift. Lol thanks for letting me know! Never would’ve thought to check the website directly.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
No prob! Honestly, I think Kia should have some kind of reminder or link in the app to the web portal and some kind of expanded message on what's going on other than "Some functionality might not be available. We'll be back soon."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts