Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Can anyone shed some light on how I can replace the bulbs in the headliner above the visor? I pulled the clear lens off. I popped the one bulb but it "fell" into the headliner. I used pliers to hold the other one while I removed it. But now, I have no idea how to get the new bulb on. Does the black outer part of the bulb housing detach from the headliner? (This is the only way I can think off to make this doable)

Thanks,

· Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,396 Posts
Wait, is the side clip metal? It's hard to make out from the picture in that guide. That would mean I won't have to worry too much about the clip breaking when I go try again.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait, is the side clip metal? It's hard to make out from the picture in that guide. That would mean I won't have to worry too much about the clip breaking when I go try again.
Yes, it is metal. And just to be clear it is on the side facing the door. (So driver's side is on the left, passenger side is on the right)
I had to really struggle to get the screwdriver up there to pop it out.

· Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,396 Posts
It's a festoon-type bulb, the ones that look like a fuse but with pointy ends. I can't remember the exact size of them but it's either a 28mm or 31mm size festoon bulb. It might be a very tight fit with the 31mm size bulb but if anything, you can adjust it by bending one of the ends a little to accommodate the size.

Going by what the previous Optima had on there, though, it's probably a 28mm. Both models actually use the same vanity light housing. Just to be on the safe side, I would take out the bulbs already in the car and measure the size first before choosing the size.

· Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
155 Posts
This is great, nice photo too. Should be able to swap mine out today, just stick a 4140 into the side where the metal clip is and apply some pressure. I just used my vanity this weekend for the first time and was greeted with a yellow color, even though my package has the LED interior lighting upgrade 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 12 of 12 Posts