Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I had just purchased a GT-Line AWD recently and I'm absolutely loving it.
I was wondering if I had replaced the badges if it would void the warranty on the car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love my awd gt-line too!!. why would that void the warranty on the car. they are only plastic emblems. you might be responsible for any rust that happened at badge location over the long run if you really scratched the paint there. but if you did it with dental floss to wedge between paint and emblem and sawed the adhesive with it really no way that would happen. your safe with the warranty stuff. you can replace anything on a car basically and as long as that part didn't make another factory part fail, your safe. Now that being said any modified part you put on will not be covered. so lets say you crack the badge you put on, the warranty will not replace that. but would replace the original badge if that would have cracked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love my awd gt-line too!!. why would that void the warranty on the car. they are only plastic emblems. you might be responsible for any rust that happened at badge location over the long run if you really scratched the paint there. but if you did it with dental floss to wedge between paint and emblem and sawed the adhesive with it really no way that would happen. your safe with the warranty stuff. you can replace anything on a car basically and as long as that part didn't make another factory part fail, your safe. Now that being said any modified part you put on will not be covered. so lets say you crack the badge you put on, the warranty will not replace that. but would replace the original badge if that would have cracked
Got it thanks so much!!

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
21 Posts
Hi everyone, I had just purchased a GT-Line AWD recently and I'm absolutely loving it.
I was wondering if I had replaced the badges if it would void the warranty on the car?
Greetings,
About the only thing that will get your warranty void is engine modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts