Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I just joined the forum. I want a 2021 K5 GT line wolf grey with red interior but none of my dealerships have in inventory. Im in NJ. I want to take advantage of the 0% APR Promotion that ends July 6 but Im nervous I won't be able to find the wolf grey with red interior. Is there anything I could do or do I have to switch my color preference?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
If anything, you can see if you can have one built and delivered using Kia.com, although it might be hard getting one ordered atm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anything, you can see if you can have one built and delivered using Kia.com, although it might be hard getting one ordered atm
I checked Kia.com they don't let you deliver from the website they always show me available dealers next to me. I don't know what to do hmm

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
Normally, you could go to a dealer and see if the dealership can get their hands on one from another dealer. The wolf gray with the red interior is a very popular combo. There were several at the dealership back in April. I'm not sure if that is an option these days though, these are strange days.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Other method would be to try using car buying websites like Cars.com or TrueCar. Just be prepared to make the drive to some dealers further away. Also, make a list of places that has the car you really want, and also a list of your secondary choices.

If you think you can trust a certain dealer, you can call them up to see if they can help you order a K5 with exactly what you want in it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
It's definitely a weird time to buy a car. I normally would have waited until the summer for bigger rebates, but the writing was on the wall that cars were going to be in short supply.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line
26 Posts
They have a bunch of the gt gray with red interior in queens on long island at least they did last week. But they also want a 5k premium on it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
They have a bunch of the gt gray with red interior in queens on long island at least they did last week. But they also want a 5k premium on it.
5k over MSRP o_O That's nuts! It's also the reason I got my car when I did. My wife was like why do you want a new car now? You barely drive right now. I told her the chip shortage was gonna make cars pricey real soon. She thought I was crazy, but didn't fight me on it either. I'm betting that paying MSRP + is going to become the norm.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line
26 Posts
5k over MSRP o_O That's nuts! It's also the reason I got my car when I did. My wife was like why do you want a new car now? You barely drive right now. I told her the chip shortage was gonna make cars pricey real soon. She thought I was crazy, but didn't fight me on it either. I'm betting that paying MSRP + is going to become the norm.
Yeah thats for sure i ended up getting a white gt-line for 1k over sticker after going to 3 different dealers. They wanted 3k got him to take 2k off and got the 0% apr that i wanted and then when all was said and done they messed up on paper work and didnt even add the 1k so got it for sticker $27,015

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
I got 2k off sticker back at the end of April. I probably could have gotten more for my trade if I pushed a little more, but it was a decent deal.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
55 Posts
Hey Guys I just joined the forum. I want a 2021 K5 GT line wolf grey with red interior but none of my dealerships have in inventory. Im in NJ. I want to take advantage of the 0% APR Promotion that ends July 6 but Im nervous I won't be able to find the wolf grey with red interior. Is there anything I could do or do I have to switch my color preference?
I purchased a wolf gray red from motion Kia in Mount Olive New Jersey in September $2000 off list they are great call Howie see what they can do for you tell him Rocco sent you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
5k is crazy! I bought my GT - Line grey/red interior 3k off msrp and another 2k off incentives. Just shop around and lie if you have to lol.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
5k is crazy! I bought my GT - Line grey/red interior 3k off msrp and another 2k off incentives. Just shop around and lie if you have to lol.
When did you buy yours, things didn't get crazy until the past month or two. Earlier in the year it was pretty much business as usual. At the end of April I got the 2k incentive, but they were not budging on MSRP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some dealers call it market adjustment. IMHO no kia/hyundai is worth msrp, let alone msrp + market adjustment. I'm playing the waiting game. I think by year's end we'll see some improvement, if not then in 2022. Given the engines (esp gt/n line ) are new, it'll give 'em more time to work the bugs out.

Few '21's in this area (chicago), and none are gt's (2.5T).

RE color. does this wolf grey have any metallic in it? I generally like a grey/gun metal color, but pics i've seen of this just looks nasty to me.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
55 Posts
Some dealers call it market adjustment. IMHO no kia/hyundai is worth msrp, let alone msrp + market adjustment. I'm playing the waiting game. I think by year's end we'll see some improvement, if not then in 2022. Given the engines (esp gt/n line ) are new, it'll give 'em more time to work the bugs out.

Few '21's in this area (chicago), and none are gt's (2.5T).

RE color. does this wolf grey have any metallic in it? I generally like a grey/gun metal color, but pics i've seen of this just looks nasty to me.
Yes it has a touch of metallic in it every where I go people love the color on the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Who is lying???? You or the dealer!!!!
LOL well I lied about this dealer giving this price and that dealer giving that price until they wouldn't budge anymore.The dealer will lie and say this is our best price so you have to counter .

·
Registered
22 Posts
When did you buy yours, things didn't get crazy until the past month or two. Earlier in the year it was pretty much business as usual. At the end of April I got the 2k incentive, but they were not budging on MSRP.
Same I bought beginning of April, there were only 3 wolf grey/red interiors in the area so I played paddy cake until I got 3k off msrp, I got some insider info and was told 3k was the actual max they will go under msrp for k5 in general, but yea the last 2 months with the whole car shortage I dont expect anyone getting 3k off let alone msrp with the "market adjustment" bs. So i'd advise anyone in the market to hold off for a couple more months, else you will be getting taxed on taxes ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts