Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT- Line AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 21 Gt-line with the pano roof, I have noticed whenever I have the windows and sunroof open, or just windows I get an immense amount of hot air blowing through my vents.
I understand there may be a little air flow, but it literally feels like the heat is on.
In order to correct it I have to turn the AC on for a bit to let it get cool and then I can turn the system off and the air while not cold, is cooler.
Does anyone else have this issue? Any idea on a fix?
Want to ask here so I can go the dealership with knowledge.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT- Line AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though you have the fan off air will still make it through the vents while driving and if you have it on high temp that air will be hot
I know that, and understand it. The temp is set to 72. But the air coming through really feels like direct heat. Like 80° plus

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah this is super annoying when it’s nice outside. Apparently the HVAC will always default to venting in fresh air after a certain amount of time, even with the HVAC in OFF mode. The only solution I have found when the sunroof/windows are open is to turn the fans on low, 72º, and disable AC. There will still be air coming through the vents, but not hot.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT- Line AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah this is super annoying when it’s nice outside. Apparently the HVAC will always default to venting in fresh air after a certain amount of time, even with the HVAC in OFF mode. The only solution I have found when the sunroof/windows are open is to turn the fans on low, 72º, and disable AC. There will still be air coming through the vents, but not hot.
That's what I've been doing as well, but it is very annoying. Thanks for making me feel not so crazy! Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts