Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a friendly heads up. I installed some weather tech floor mats few days ago. Yesterday it was 95 degrees out and i had the AC blasting. I pull into the house and look down and i have a puddle on my passenger floor. Id have to assume i would have never noticed this if i had the factory cloth mats installed. My car only has 8k on it so off to the dealer i go. From what i read online its most likely a blocked condensate drain but how does this happen with a brand new car? Check your floors!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Showed up at the dealer yesterday figuring they were going to blow out the drain line for the AC. I got sent home in a rental and they are telling me the heater/Ac box has split down the center?! Car has 7k miles on it..... So anyways they say it wont be ready for at least a week and half. The dash has to be removed so they can replace everything which im not to happy about.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Split down the center? But how...? I hope they aren't charging you for the rental or repairs...

I wonder if it's possible to ask them for pics of the split AC box and what their suspicions are for causing it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an FYI car is still sitting at the dealership. no ETA on new AC setup as im being told its on back order or have been pulled of the shelves due to defects ?! I express how pissed off i am about owning a brand new car that is sitting at the dealer without any idea on when i will get it back. They tell me to call KIA customer care with any concerns ... I made a call into kia and they basically told me to shit in a hat. What would you guys do in this situation ?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
Is the dealership still giving you a free rental? If so, I hope it is at least as good as the car you are waiting for. I don't know if there is really much you can do. the dealer is required to fix it and has stated an intention to do so. You could look at the lemon laws in your state, they might have a stipulation on how long it is awaiting repairs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. I still do not have my car back been in the shop since June 14th. With suppose part on back order. Currently starting the lemon law process.

·
Registered
2021,KIA,K5,GT
12 Posts
Just an update. I still do not have my car back been in the shop since June 14th. With suppose part on back order. Currently starting the lemon law process.
Wow almost a month! Hope something good comes out of this for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup! I was told part would arrive july 6th, july 12th and now as of yesterday july 16th yet it says the part is backordered or non existent . Been getting jerked around the whole time.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
Yup! I was told part would arrive july 6th, july 12th and now as of yesterday july 16th yet it says the part is backordered or non existent . Been getting jerked around the whole time.
Did they at least give you a loaner to drive in the meantime?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well finally after 26 days at the dealership and the letter of final repair notice that i sent out last monday i finally have my car back. I got a call friday 16th telling me my car was all set. So i proceeded to head down to the dealer only to find out the AC was blowing hot air... (LOL) i flipped out !!!. I left with the rental and got a call back about 3pm telling me it was now fixed. So i waited till saturday the 17th and headed back down to grab the car. Right before i was going to leave the dealership lot i noticed the center USB plug was none existent or not reinstalled after they removed my dash board.. What an absolute cluster F this has been. I still have an open case with kia hoping for some kind of compensation.. !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My passenger floor on the front and rear is wet. I already took it to Kia and I had to pay $81 to get it fixed. They said they had to blow the ac live because it was clogged and the technician said there was spider webs and dirt. Now two or three weeks later both the passenger front and rear floor is wet . They said if it happens again they have to take out the floor and there gonna charge me. What should I do? Can I complain to Kia or something. It has 12k miles still new this is ridiculous

·
Registered
2 Posts
They told me they charged to clear out the lines. I asked if it wasn’t under warranty he said it’s part of maintenance or service. My cousin took it back today and complained that we paid 81 bucks for them to fix it and the floor got wet again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts