·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia K5 Forum

Andrew72

WeatherTech tastes on an Autocraft budget

Jump to LatestUnfollow

Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

[IMG alt="Andrew72"]https://www.k5owners.com/d1/avatars/m/0/685.jpg?1623588399[/IMG]
Andrew72
·Registered
K5 GT - Glacial White Pearl
Joined 13 d ago
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · 12 h ago (Edited)

I am not in the frozen north. I live in the land of frog choking rain and humidity. I couldn't just let factory mats get destroyed but I can't justify costs like Husky or WeatherTech.

After scouring the universal mat choices at Wal-Mart and the major parts chain stores I knew that a normal 19" wide universal mat was going to look like trash. I started looking for something at least 21" wide at the base and 11" narrow at the top to fit under the brake between the gas and footrest.

I found these and decided to give them a shot...

Amazon.com: OMAC All Weather Durable 3D Rubber Protection Floor Mat Set | Black Trimmable Heavy Duty Front & Rear Rubber Floor Liners 5 pcs | Thickness 0,086 Inch / 2,200mm: Automotive

When I unboxed them I was worried because there isn't much to hold them in place. Turns out that I was wrong! They fit great with no trimming necessary and the color match is perfect.

If you can't pony up for high end custom fit liners these are a great alternative at a fraction of the price (under $35 with tax).

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kia K5 Forum

Andrew72

Jump to LatestUnfollow

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

[IMG alt="Andrew72"]https://www.k5owners.com/d1/avatars/m/0/685.jpg?1623588399[/IMG]
Andrew72
·Registered
Joined 13 d ago
·
16 Posts

I am not in the frozen north. I live in the land of frog choking rain and humidity. I couldn't just let factory mats get destroyed but I can't justify costs like Husky or WeatherTech.

After scouring the universal mat choices at Wal-Mart and the major parts chain stores I knew that a normal 19" wide universal mat was going to look like trash. I started looking for something at least 21" wide at the base and 11" narrow at the top to fit under the brake between the gas and footrest.

Amazon.com: OMAC All Weather Durable 3D Rubber Protection Floor Mat Set | Black Trimmable Heavy Duty Front & Rear Rubber Floor Liners 5 pcs | Thickness 0,086 Inch / 2,200mm: Automotive

When I unboxed them I was worried because there isn't much to hold them in place. Turns out that I was wrong! They fit great with no trimming necessary and the color match is perfect.

If you can't pony up for high end custom fit liners these are a great alternative at a fraction of the price (under $35 with tax).
Kia K5 Forum

Andrew72

Jump to LatestUnfollow

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Andrew72
·Registered
Joined 13 d ago
·
16 Posts

I really like the Kagu mats.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kia K5 Forum

Andrew72

Jump to LatestUnfollow

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Andrew72
·Registered
Joined 13 d ago
·
16 Posts

I also bought mine from OMAC and with just a little trim work (only on the drivers side) they fit great. Front passenger fit with no trim needed. What I like most about the rubber
floor mats from the OMACSTORE is that the width of the mats are 20 inches which is the exact width of the Kia K5 carpeted floor mats, both driver and passenger. All the rest
of the rubber floor mats that I researched are 18 or 19 inches. They also have different inserts to match the co9lor of your car. Cost was $30.00 !!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also bought mine from OMAC and with just a little trim work (only on the drivers side) they fit great. Front passenger fit with no trim needed. What I like most about the rubber
floor mats from the OMACSTORE is that the width of the mats are 20 inches which is the exact width of the Kia K5 carpeted floor mats, both driver and passenger. All the rest
of the rubber floor mats that I researched are 18 or 19 inches. They also have different inserts to match the co9lor of your car. Cost was $30.00 !!
Totally agree about the width and color match!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts