Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all love keeping our cars looking new. I've added ppf and ceramic.
I wash my car regularly and use ceramic quick detailer to keep that shine alive and to add to the ceramic coat. I use new micro fiber towels everytime. I even ceramic coated the piano finish in the interior. But.... I just hate cleaning the mags. The brake dust is annoying.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I always enjoy washing my car, it's just a pain to dry it since the water from my faucet is quite heavy in minerals. I've been looking into getting a water filtration system just for washing the car because of it. lol

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
9 Posts
I always enjoy washing my car, it's just a pain to dry it since the water from my faucet is quite heavy in minerals.
Water dries too quickly and I'm left with hard water spots all over before I can even finish, so I try to do a quarter at a time. Maybe I wash it at night? ha. Most annoying part for me is the windows. I have 17% tint and they look so nice when they are clean.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Water dries too quickly and I'm left with hard water spots all over before I can even finish, so I try to do a quarter at a time. Maybe I wash it at night? ha. Most annoying part for me is the windows. I have 17% tint and they look so nice when they are clean.
Yeah, I tend to wash either at the break of dawn or an hour or 2 before sunset. I often get sunburn when I wash the car in the middle of the day, plus it makes the car dry up too quickly.

To lessen water spots, keep the car wet and spray it down every so often to keep the water from totally drying up. Having a ceramic coat or using ceramic products definitely helps with both the drying time and preventing water spots from appearing. Using a leaf blower also helps dry your car quicker (I had a corded electric leaf blower laying around that I ended up using for drying). It's especially helpful getting water out of the gaps.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Washing in the shade is better. Keep spraying the entire car as you rinse. I was panel by panel. I dry the car with microfiber drying cloths before I attack the wheels and then just re dry as needed. Using a quick detailer helps get rid of water marks. I need a full 2 hrs to clean in and out. If I'm dressing weather strips and conditioning seats, add 1 hour for a total of 3 hours. Long but the end product fills my heart with satisfaction and joy. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes when all said and done... The satisfaction is all worth it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seriously. I get so annoyed that I wipe them with a microfiber at the end of the day. Easier to keep clean this way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
While I completely agree about the wheels, they are a close second to the front bumper and grill... So many damn bugs, and unlike dry wiping the wheels, you have to break out the shampoo and water to clean them.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When and if I get bugs on the bumper, I don't let them dry up. I hose down and wipe as needed to keep the accumulation to a minimum. I have issues I tell you.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
lol Same here, also with bird droppings! Ever since I've been using the ceramic products, though, bird droppings has been less of a splatter and more of a debris thing. lol the solid parts stay on the body while the runny stuff just slides off. It's kind of weird to see some times. 😂

·
Registered
94 Posts
We all love keeping our cars looking new. I've added ppf and ceramic.
I wash my car regularly and use ceramic quick detailer to keep that shine alive and to add to the ceramic coat. I use new micro fiber towels everytime. I even ceramic coated the piano finish in the interior. But.... I just hate cleaning the mags. The brake dust is annoying.
I wash my car once a week, weather permitting, and after washing it I blow dry it with my RYOBI leaf blower. It dries the car in about 1/2 the time that a microfiber towel or shame will dry it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I wash my car every week, whenever I get a day off and weather permitting.

Also, this happened today when I was at work.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Hood

It didn't rain today but you can still barely tell what it is. Still weird to see bird droppings on my car like that and not as a white splat... lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts