Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scratched the $H!T out of my wheel. You can see the damage on the tire sidewall. The good news is I paid for the premium Tire and Wheel protection plan.

Who has used there's to replace the wheel and/or tire? Was the process smooth or a PITA? Do I contact the dealer that I bought the car from or can any KIA dealer work with me? If you zoom in, you can see all the spokes are scratched
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
I scratched the $H!T out of my wheel. You can see the damage on the tire sidewall. The good news is I paid for the premium Tire and Wheel protection plan.

Who has used there's to replace the wheel and/or tire? Was the process smooth or a PITA? Do I contact the dealer that I bought the car from or can any KIA dealer work with me? If you zoom in, you can see all the spokes are scratched
View attachment 3562
Have you tried cleaning it up and put on some tire dressing? It might be light enough damage to just be cleaned up. at least it doesn't look like it dug into the sidewall that badly.

On the flip side, at least you didn't damage your rim in the process. lol I had the opposite happen where there are little to no damage to my tire but nicked the rim a bit. It's not too noticeable until you get closer to my car. The tire sidewall had a bit of white scuff to it from the curb but I was able to just wash off the "chalk" and put some tire dressing on and looked like nothing happened to the tire.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm guessing they will send that wheel out and get it repaired. Those wheel guys can work wonders with curbed wheels.

What concerns me most is that we weren't given some kind of pamphlet or something to explain the coverages and act as a kind of insurance policy. Pretty much all I got was an entry in the paperwork that shows I'm paying for it. I'm not too concerned about my own dealer, but if I bust a wheel or blow a tire in Oshkosh or Miami or Portland, I'm not completely confident they will honor it. If that happens, you can bet I'll keep the receipts and present them to my dealer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts