Kia K5 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
My 2021 GT-Line AWD has the same issue as most of you regarding the noise at LOW speeds and after about 15-20 minutes of driving it goes away. My dealer didn't listen to me at all.I have them a very detailed run down of what was going on and about this forum. ... Anna that I had videos of the sound. Didn't want to hear them. They actually told me it was the uneven wear on my tires and that it needed an alignment at only 15000 miles on it. I believe the alignment issue came out of the factory that way. Got all new tires and my assignment yesterday and first drive this morning.... STILL MAKING THE NOISE!! Was not surprised at all because I never believed it was caused by the tires and being out of alignment. Very disgusted and irritated with them at this point. I'll try to upload the video if my sound. Well... can't seem to upload the video at this time. I will keep trying

· Registered
3 Posts
My 2021 GT-Line AWD has the same issue as most of you regarding the noise at LOW speeds and after about 15-20 minutes of driving it goes away. My dealer didn't listen to me at all.I have them a very detailed run down of what was going on and about this forum. ... And that I had videos of the sound. Didn't want to hear them. They actually told me it was the uneven wear on my tires and that it needed an alignment at only 15000 miles on it. I believe the alignment issue came out of the factory that way. Got all new tires and my assignment yesterday and first drive this morning.... STILL MAKING THE NOISE!! Was not surprised at all because I never believed it was caused by the tires and being out of alignment. Very disgusted and irritated with them at this point. I'll try to upload the video if my sound. Well... can't seem to upload the video at this time. I will keep trying
My 2021 GT-Line AWD has the same issue as most of you regarding the noise at LOW speeds and after about 15-20 minutes of driving it goes away. My dealer didn't listen to me at all.I have them a very detailed run down of what was going on and about this forum. ... Anna that I had videos of the sound. Didn't want to hear them. They actually told me it was the uneven wear on my tires and that it needed an alignment at only 15000 miles on it. I believe the alignment issue came out of the factory that way. Got all new tires and my assignment yesterday and first drive this morning.... STILL MAKING THE NOISE!! Was not surprised at all because I never believed it was caused by the tires and being out of alignment. Very disgusted and irritated with them at this point. I'll try to upload the video if my sound. Well... can't seem to upload the video at this time. I will keep trying. Keeps telling me I have the wrong file extension/format. I have tried many. Anyone know which format they want??

· Registered
5 Posts
My 2021 GT-Line AWD has the same issue as most of you regarding the noise at LOW speeds and after about 15-20 minutes of driving it goes away. My dealer didn't listen to me at all.I have them a very detailed run down of what was going on and about this forum. ... Anna that I had videos of the sound. Didn't want to hear them. They actually told me it was the uneven wear on my tires and that it needed an alignment at only 15000 miles on it. I believe the alignment issue came out of the factory that way. Got all new tires and my assignment yesterday and first drive this morning.... STILL MAKING THE NOISE!! Was not surprised at all because I never believed it was caused by the tires and being out of alignment. Very disgusted and irritated with them at this point. I'll try to upload the video if my sound. Well... can't seem to upload the video at this time. I will keep trying
Call Kia corporate, that is what I had to do and report the issue and they called my dealership and made them fix it. replaced my drive train. car is fine now. But I am disappointed in how they treated me at the dealership. it was like pulling teeth. Call corporate and explain the situation.

· Registered
1 Posts
Kind of relieved to see other people having this same issue as me. I've been having it for almost a year on my 2021 EX and my dealership hasn't been able to fix it. I had the wheel bearing replaced last month and they said it was resolved. I heard it again as soon as I left the dealership. It's really ruined any of the enjoyment I've had owning this car... I was so excited when I bought my K5 because it had everything I was looking for. Now I'm not sure I want to keep it anymore if I have to keep hounding the dealership to fix this. Here's a link to what I get to listen to every day. K5 Noise

· Registered
295 Posts
Just an observation: Dealers get paid by the factory for warranty work, so it's not a matter of them just not wanting to do the work. In fact, the dealers I've known have been happy to get warranty work. Naturally, the factory doesn't want to pay for work that's not necessary, so they want to be sure it's needed. So it's up to the dealer to properly diagnose the issue and convince the factory it's legit.

With Kia, it seems to be a matter of communication as much as anything. When an issue keeps popping up, the factory should issue a Service Bulletin to alert all dealers to it. Dealers shouldn't be hearing about issues and their solutions on the internet - it should come from the factory.

· Registered
67 Posts
I know this is an old post but I just got my car back from the dealer and I am going to get my prop shaft replaced as well. '21 K5 GT-Line AWD. Same as everyone has said, a hum/noise very obvious from 15-45mph. I however never noticed a vibration the entire time. Interestingly the service manager at my dealer (Kia of Des Moines) had the same issue on his wolf grey GT-Line AWD. It took him and the service dept. 8 months to finally figure out what the issue was. Mine was only the 2nd car aside from his that they have seen the issue with, it took all of 20mins to diagnose. Just adding to the information incase someone else has the issue.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts