Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my car the other day when I notice paint scraps located at the top of the hood where the wipers rest. I’m very confident the wipers did this. They get pretty loud when they are turned to a High setting. How can I contact someone about this ? Have you notice this same problem with your Kia K5?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd stop by the dealership, but typically this type of damage is caused when the wipers are raised up off the windshield but not put in the servicing mode 1st.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Check your wiper arms for any circular streak marks from the hood. If it is really rubbing against the hood during operation, you would see something like that. Otherwise, remember to have the wipers put into service mode first before lifting them up to clean them or do any kinds of servicing to prevent scratching, or at the very least put a towel between where the arm and hood would meet.

To put the blades into service mode, turn the car on (engine doesn't have to be on) then turn it off and push and hold the wiper stock up into Mist for about 2-3 secs. It'll position itself upwards for you to service it. I highly suggest wetting your windshield first to prevent scratches to the glass and unneeded wear to your blades before doing so.

To put it back down, simply turn your car on again and push the wiper stock up once into Mist.

All of this can be found in your manual as well for your convenience.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check your wiper arms for any circular streak marks from the hood. If it is really rubbing against the hood during operation, you would see something like that. Otherwise, remember to have the wipers put into service mode first before lifting them up to clean them or do any kinds of servicing to prevent scratching, or at the very least put a towel between where the arm and hood would meet.

To put the blades into service mode, turn the car on (engine doesn't have to be on) then turn it off and push and hold the wiper stock up into Mist for about 2-3 secs. It'll position itself upwards for you to service it. I highly suggest wetting your windshield first to prevent scratches to the glass and unneeded wear to your blades before doing so.

To put it back down, simply turn your car on again and push the wiper stock up once into Mist.

All of this can be found in your manual as well for your convenience.
About the only think that the totally useless manual will give you. With such a large manual, it gives you almost nothing about what you are trying to find out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^^Grab the pdf of the manual, use search function to locate items of interest. I keep one on the phone too, just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts